Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43670 01/29/05 02:15 AM
rice Offline OP
OP Offline

hey guys...
the titel of this forum is "sharing success stories"... but to be honest, i hardly find any success story... most ppl. got huge problems with the systems.. including me...

whats the deal with that? are we all to stupid? does the system not work? do i get it wrong?

what do you think about it?

#43671 01/29/05 03:45 AM

I think the thing isn't that it doesn't work but that most people don't work with it.

It takes time and quite a bit of practice to become proficient at PR and most people just aren't willing to invest in it. It's like a lot of self-help products, we expect and demand instantaneous results when that just isn't feasible.

Quite a few of the resular responders ARE successful at PR and do take the time to help new users to the system. You don't see a lot of posts labeled 'Success Story' but you will find them all through every post. The people who get PR and use it every day have results all the time and they share it with each bit of advice or wisdom.

- Tracey -

#43672 01/29/05 03:52 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

People share their success stories when helping others.

It's hardly surprising that most people who post are having difficulty. The people who are successful with it are usually too busy getting on with it and applying it. They have achieved their level of success and are not looking for more tips and advise.

They do post their successes but grow tired of the ones that only want to hear the success stories to tell us to prove it.

I've had one person contact me on MSN demanding that I connect them with people who can provide testimonials for PhotoReading working for them and at the same time telling me my experiences that led me to becoming a PhotoReading instructor are invalidated because I am an Instructor as well as saying all the testimonials provided by others that are now published are also invalidated.

People want to communicate with people who have a speicific problem so the testimonials will show up in replies rather than dumped on the forum as ad hoc posts.

Alex

#43673 01/29/05 03:26 PM

Hello guys

Thought id put in my 2 cents here regarding PR, particularly since there seems to be scepticism about it, particularly from ppl who are new to the course.

I got the course about 4 years ago while i was studying at uni. The trap i fell into was having expectations that were unrealistic, like pring a book and then spending 20 mins and expecting to know every last detail, and i was getting really annoyed that it wasn't happrning.

However, with me, i had a real interest in the working of the mind and the ability of the brain for learning etc and I continued to read all i could on these areas and i bought additional courses such as 'accelerated learning techniques','the einstein factor' and other memory courses.

This was particularly significant for me because it gave me a greater understanding of the workings of the mind and the brain, and realistic expectations of brain power etc, and with that, I was able to reset my expectations of PR and the course.

The results were fantastic for me and my success rocketed.

One of the most important things i discovered, which is also stated by Ed starcher (spelling?) in his programme 'into the genius zone' is that one of the most important aspects to learning is CURIOSITY!!

And it is so true, if u have a subject ,perhaps at uni ,that u dont like, are not that interested in, it seems unlikely that you would retain much information anyway because you are not opening your mind to allow it to happen.

I think the most important thing to do is to have realistic expectations of what photoreading can do for you and also to think of pr in the larger context of brain power and what it is achieving and how it is utilising the brains ability. It is unrealistic, i feel, for a beginning prer to think that they can listen to the course once, or read the book once, and immediately be able to spend 20 mins with anybook and be able to have all the information at their fingertips.

I feel it is important to simply play with the system from a place of curiosity, not anxiety, the speed, retention, understanding and enjoyment will come.

Paul

#43674 02/04/05 09:35 PM

I've posted numerous success stories myself, but am I going to post success stories now? Not too many, unless it's something new and significant for me. But me posting about how I've gone through books in a short period of time has already been done, and me posting about how it has helped with school, grades, and taking on all different kinds of new challenges is also pointless. I've been there, done that.

These days, as Alex said, many people are out there and using it. I used to spend hours on this forum to help develop myself, but I've found that over time I snapped into my own perfect little niche in how to do things, and coming here is no longer needed.

A lot of the time, people become too busy to come back, also. Margaret, for instance, moved up in her career and also had no big purpose in pursuing it all further. Myself, I've been given the ability to try things in school I previously wasn't able to do, like tackling advanced classes and extra homework, which, while I'm not entirely successful at it, has proved that PhotoReading gave me the ability to put me on a new level, and face new challenges on a higher plane. So just remember that if YoungPRer isn't around, it's because he's probably busy doing homework or another one of his usual projects.

The big thing is time, and motivation. After you've told people the same thing so many times, it really begins to feel like you're not getting much fulfillment out of it anymore, because you're not accomplishing much of anything new. For others, they're find fulfillment and accomplishment in being here for a longer period of time. I still check back, and Alex has been here for a little longer than I have, and Alex seems to like doing it.

One interesting thing about being given the ability to do things in a shorter amount of time is that it makes you want to get more done. So, if you're too fixated on that, then you really don't end up with any extra free time at all! lol The only difference is that you're getting more done than you would have before in that same time period.

-youngprer

#43675 02/08/05 07:50 PM

I completely agree with the comments of paul and youngprer.
I have (and had) extraordinary results too even if I don't have the time to post it.
I usually comment or post some suggestion in local forum in my country (Italy).
To me, I'm eternally grateful to alex for the tips and help that he gave me and for all the people that are available for the beginners.
Even if PR doesn't seems to work at the starting point, with the right attitude PR have worked even for me.
Thank you guys
Filippo

#43676 02/13/05 09:46 AM

Search on my user name. I've posted stories in the past about how I misunderstood the book and wasn't following the steps correctly. I came here and read the posts and realized my mistake. Then it started working.

If your goal is to make the system work for you, you shouldn't need a success story (even though they're here if you search the forums). Just ask your questions, apply the suggestions, and note what happens.

#43677 02/13/05 10:20 AM

You know there is one story that I'm going to share because I know it was deleted shortly after I posted it.

One evening I was baby sitting my niece and nephew. I put them to bed at the appointed time but naturally it takes an extra 30 minutes for them to fall asleep.

After reading them each a couple of stories I turn to watch TV and wouldn't you know it 4 channels and nothing on. My brother isn't into books but they happened to have encylopaedias. I thought for some light reading I'll just grab a couple of the junior one and PhotoRead them. I PhotoRead three and managed to activate one. I was just on the second book when my brother arrived. I had put the kids to be less than 20 minutes before.

My brother happened to ask me about this PhotoReading thing, what it is about, to explain I grabbed one of the books he saw me put away when he arrived. In the process I was flipping the pages and giving him a summary of the 26 articles that were in the book (each one was 2 to 6 pages long). It was he who worked out that I spent less than 20 minutes with the book and I that I was summarising every article in detail.

He was awestruck and said, "I know you wouldn't have had much time at that, the kids are still awake. They only went to bed 30 minutes ago." It impressed him, he has told a few of his workmates about PhotoReading

I spent about a minute per article that most people would take 7 minutes per article to read. And that was just a bit of light reading.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited February 13, 2005).]

#43678 02/17/05 03:21 AM

I think it's like most things done well. As a musician, once you get good to the point of not thinking, one plays well. You play through the body, the feel; no thinking is in the way. same with pr. When we relax and let the body read, so to speak, it works. no trying, just do and let the body ,the feeling, do the work. I have recently experienced photo reading through the body when I kind of gave up and didn't try any more. It rather surprised me. you just suck in blocks of read. Just keep practicing without expecting results. But how do we get to that point of body feel ability? Make the goal the practice, not the results, than one day it kicks in. Hike

#43679 03/05/05 07:25 PM

OK here's a success story: For a class, I had to write a paper on the Bohr model of the atom and how it differed from the presently accepted model. It was assigned on Thursday and due on Tuesday. I went to the library and photoread 5-7 books on quantum physics and its history (30 minutes). Then I left the library, and went back on Saturday to peruse those books again (20 minutes). Three of them looked useful, so I checked them out and put them in my backpack, and brought them with me to my classes on Monday. Whenever I had free time, I superread and dipped each of the three books and found the useful parts of each one (20 minutes). On Monday night at like 9PM I started the paper, and then I turned it in the next day. It's not a very exciting story, I know. Photoreading allows me to be a better slacker.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved