Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#43752 02/16/05 04:35 PM
OP Offline

a question:
This Photoreding system claims to be a breakthrough in learning. If this is the case, then why do we see words per minute so low in world championships?. I mean, Wouldn't the speed reading world champion know the secrets of reading at 25000 word per minute, instead she won it with less only 2284 wpm and a comprehension level of 56.3%

I think that you just discover America!!!!

Learning Strategies Admin

To my knowledge no PhotoReaders participated in these world championships?

Alex

OP Offline

If there was a single person from PhotoReading who could read at the blazing speed of 25,000 wpm, or just 3,000 wpm, we would have a new world champion. Wouldn't this person definately participate in the world championships and prove to the world that the PhotoReading system works. The PhotoReading marketer can make just about about any claim about their product in order to sell it. Just like weight loss products, they claim wonders, but none delivers.

Why force People to enter tests?

Alex

I think Alex G is right on this one. Why not market your product by sending your best phreaders to enter this contest and obviously win it. Learning strategies would gain market share and the inventor could become one of the richest men in the US. The following slogan could make the phreading system a success: “If you don’t believe photo reading works, ask our speed reading champions five years running” Alex K, why don’t you enter this championship and turn Learning Strategies Corporation into a fortune 500 company? I will sell my house to buy in the initial public offering. If this system really works, why are they waiting for to enter these competitions and prove the world that this is one of the best inventions of the century?

Alex G, you really got them this time, I don’t know what they are going to say next. They might say that they want to keep Pring a secret or something.

They are speedreading championships, not PhotoReading championships. Learning PhotoReading does not enable you to read at 25,000 words per minute, it should enable you to PHOTOREAD (or take a mental photograph) at 25,000 words per minute. THAT is what they claim. There is a bit of a difference, guys.

OP Offline

Whatever you want to call it, speedreading or photoreading, both serve the same purpose, save you time while retaining what you have read for immediate or future recollection. If you can flip through 25,000 wpm without being able to recall a good proportion of the text afterwards, you are only reading the titles.
No one is keeping Photoreaders from participating in reading contests. Go out there and claim your throne, unless you're waiting for a "Page Flipping" tournament to open.

quote:
Originally posted by alexgabriel:
speedreading or photoreading, both serve the same purpose, save you time while retaining what you have read for immediate or future recollection.

Indeed. However, if you read in LSC's marketing materials that PhotoReading will enable you to read 25,000 words a minute, it might be best to work on your regular-reading skills first, before moving onto any of these more advanced methods of reading - at least if you're planning to learn from a book.

quote:
Originally posted by alexgabriel:
Whatever you want to call it, speedreading or photoreading

Speed reading I would like to call speed reading, and PhotoReading - for purposes of precise communication - is probably best called PhotoReading.

The point to all these is that if pring is so good why not show it in a speed reading competition and get the world’s attention? How come learning Strategies does not want to hit fortune 500 profits? I just think that people in this forum can not answer my prior question. How come we don’t have any of the so called phreaders competing in these tournaments?????

Alex G, where can I find more info about these speed reading competitions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved