Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#43803 02/21/05 07:20 PM
ked Offline OP
OP Offline

This might not be the right topic for the photoreading forum, so I can move it if necessary.

Basically, when I photoread and mind map, I feel like I really understand everything and have good comprehension. However, I have unbelievable anticipation for tests, no matter how big or small. I also know (although it hasn't helped change much) that being anticipated or worried only makes the test go worse, but that makes me worry more! Whether it's a written test, multiple choice that I have to know so much knowledge, or simply a class discussion where I have to sound intelligent, make brief, effective arguments instead of rambling, I get nervous and usually don't do as well. Part of being nervous also sometimes inhibits me from preparing in as advanced as I could.

Just wanted to know if there were some suggestions, I try to photoread the test and get into the accelerative learning mood, but usually it doesn't last too long, however, once I get into a test, I become more relaxed if I really do know the info and less if I don't know the info.

Is there perhaps a paralim tape, or more I can do with photoreading?

#43804 02/21/05 11:49 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

There are two things you can do to reduce your test taking anxieties.

The Paraliminal Anxiety Free has helped many with pre test jitters. From what you described it sounds like it will be useful to you.

Also you can use the entering of the Accelerative Learning State to your advantage. Practice this for a week or two before the test but make an addition. Create a trigger by say squeezing the thumb of your free hand (sort of making a fist but just to squeeze the thumb I chose the thumb squeeze as it is not unusual and not noticiable)

To set it up as a trigger,

Enter the ALS and make an affirmation as you squeeze the thumb. The affirmation will be something like 'every time I squeeze my thumb like this I become relaxed, alert. I automatically enter the Accelerative Learning state and the answers come to me easily.

Make your own suitable affirmation. Keep them to 3 short sentences (Short to avoid getting tangled in the ifs ors and buts). I mean focus on the point you want to make.

So, Squeeze thumb = I am calm, alert, relaxed.
I am in my Accelerated Learning State. The right answers to the test questions come to my conscious awareness easily.

Practice this daily for a week or two using the 3 to 5 minute method for Entering you Accelerated Learning State. After that you will be able to just squeeze your thumb and be in the Accelerated Learning State in mere seconds. This means prior to a test you can fire it off and you can repeat whenever necessary during a test, don't be surprised if you find yourself squeezing the thumb throughout a test

Some advice for everyone who wants to create this trigger for entering the Accelerated Learning State. PhotoReading has its own triggers (Step 1 prepare) and anything you do with frequency becomes a trigger (or habit, which is the same thing as saying, when this happens, I do that).

You can use it or a similar consciously created trigger for PhotoReading however be consistent with your affirmations (same affirmation each time) and the practice of entering the Accelerated Learning State for at least a week (bare minimum) 2 weeks is better. The affirmations you create for your trigger are in addition to the affirmations for PhotoReading.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited February 21, 2005).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved