Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44074 04/05/05 01:58 AM
jerrald Offline OP
OP Offline

I have some questions...

Do you use the inner mind when you rapid and super read ?

Can't you know what you've read imediatly after you finished a book ?

Do you need to do all the steps before and after you photoread ? Isn't there an easiest way ?

I did everything until the 4 tape...I tried to activate what I've photoread but I wasn't able to remember nothing. Do you think this is because I did this for the first time ?

#44075 04/07/05 05:32 AM

No you do not use the inner mind when you rapid read and superread you use the conscious mind when you rapid read and superread.

It's all about layers. You have a pass when you preview the book. You have another pass when you photoread the book. You have another pass when you superread the book.

Your post mentions nothing about a purpose. What was it that you wanted from the book?

Photoread4me

#44076 04/07/05 03:15 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by jerrald:
I have some questions...

Do you use the inner mind when you rapid and super read ?

You use your inner mind and consciou mind when rapid reading and superreading. The inner mind is creating the mental images as you read so you can comprehend what you have read.

quote:
Can't you know what you've read imediatly after you finished a book ?

The non conscious mind knows what you've read, consciously you do not. The conscious mind can only handle 5 + or - 2 bits of information a second. PhotoReading goes well beyond that.

quote:
[/b]Do you need to do all the steps before and after you photoread ? Isn't there an easiest way ?[/b]

That is the easiest way.

What makes it hard?

quote:
I did everything until the 4 tape...I tried to activate what I've photoread but I wasn't able to remember nothing. Do you think this is because I did this for the first time ?[/B]

You cannot remember what you haven't called on in the first place. Follow the steps. Continue with the course.

Alex

#44077 04/07/05 11:21 PM
jerrald Offline OP
OP Offline

But :

1) Do you use the inner voice when you superead or rapid read ?

2) How can I learn the Photographing tehnique? Does P. Scheele has one book or something about this ? Or by practicing you can get this ?

3) If you have to wait like 10 - 20 minutes and somebody gives you some papers to read you'll tell to that person to wait for you until what you've read incubates ?

By the way...My purpose is to learn the photoreading...

#44078 04/08/05 02:10 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jerrald:
But :

1) Do you use the inner voice when you superead or rapid read ?

You should not be subvocalising (hearing yourself say the words) during superreading. If you are subvocalising during superreading you're going too slow.

Most of the time you want to avoid it in rapid reading. It will occur with the parts of the book were you are critically reading the text.

quote:
2) How can I learn the Photographing tehnique? Does P. Scheele has one book or something about this ? Or by practicing you can get this ?

Read the book, Do the Home study course or take a live seminar. It's possible to learn any of these ways.

quote:
3) If you have to wait like 10 - 20 minutes and somebody gives you some papers to read you'll tell to that person to wait for you until what you've read incubates ?

By the way...My purpose is to learn the photoreading...

The shorter the text the less incubation it needs before activation.

If your purpose is to learn I suggest you get the book.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited April 07, 2005).]

#44079 04/08/05 10:55 PM
jerrald Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex...photoread4me said something about my purpose,and I told him that my purpose was to learn the photoread. I have the book, but I didn't get the skill to photoread yet.

#44080 04/09/05 12:03 PM

quote:
How can I learn the Photographing tehnique? Does P. Scheele has one book or something about this

You were asking if Paul Scheele has a book or something about this. It's the PhotoReading book.

Alex

#44081 04/09/05 07:08 PM
jerrald Offline OP
OP Offline

But isn't there any book to memorize the page and in your mind to see the page exactly as it is in the book ?

#44082 04/09/05 08:11 PM

Not that I know of. But if you find a book that teaches how to see the page in your mind so that you can read from it, please share.

#44083 04/10/05 04:24 AM

PhotoReading is not developing a Photographic memory (or what you are describing eidetic memory).

We don't know of anyone who has developed that skill and is able to teach it. Children have eidetic memories until they start learning words to describe shapes [circle, square, triangle...] and give names to objects [chair, table, dog, cat, boy, girl...]. With that the brain develops a way of understaning and processing the memories. People who retain their eidetic memory often do not understand what they have read. They have poor comprehension skills. While they can repeat exactly what was written, they have no idea what the author was saying.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved