Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#44100 04/09/05 01:44 PM
sheeggy Offline OP
OP Offline

So common, if this activation time isn't too long why don't we do an experiment? I email someone a long article, they photoread it in no time, then type up a kinda comprehensive summary that you couldn't get if you skimmed through it. Anyone up for that?

#44101 04/09/05 08:28 PM

I guess I don't understand what that would prove. I don't check my e-mail often enough to prove to you that I Photoread it without activation or regular reading. It might work if you had a chat room or something.

But even then, what's in it for me? I don't work for LSC and I already know that the Photoreading method works.

It seems that someone could spend a lot of unpaid time proving that it works. Even that wouldn't mean much. Are you really going to be more inclined to spend $12 (at Amazon) on the Photoreading book after you've spent the hours it would take to write your article, set up the testing conditions, administer the test, then evaluate the results?

It seems like the cheapest and easiest way to prove it or disprove it to yourself is to buy the book and make an honest effort at putting the system to work for you.

#44102 04/09/05 10:56 PM
sheeggy Offline OP
OP Offline

Well it requires my belief in it doesn't it? I can't really force myself to believe with nothing... just like people can't force themselves to believe in god without what they'd consider evidence.

I'm thinking along the lines of arranging a time, sending a rather long work of writing that would take many hours to complete if you read normally. Then getting a summary in less than an hour. I mean the actual photoreading proccess would take a few minutes and the summary even less.

#44103 04/10/05 05:52 AM

The last time we talked about whether or not you had to believe in PR for it to work I was in the distinct minority of posters here. I said something along the lines of "if the method works it should work for anyone who follows the process and performs the steps." It shouldn't matter if you believe in it or not as long as you follow the process.

I hope you find what you're looking for, but to me it just sounds like you're going to an awful lot trouble to decide whether or not you want to spend $12 on a book.

#44104 04/10/05 05:56 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

I wrote this for another thread. Pasting it her because the answer is the same.

quote:
Nope. I don't think it can. Any test that you devise that involves a human as part of the test can be thrown out because it can be argued that attitude, intent, interest, level of performance anxiety (nerves) and self exteem of the participant influence the results.

It's the same reasons why 30 people in the same geography class taking the same test on the same subject, they learned with the same teacher, can get vastly different results. And if you say you need a 70% to prove that the teaching worked when 50% of the class has a grade below 60% do you scrap teaching geography because it didn't work?

When you test a humans knowledge by asking them questions in a test you are only finding out "what" they can draw up from their memory. We all have access to the same knowledge if we heard or saw it. Were're testing what they are able to access in in their mind. Given that our mind stores every last bit of information we learned in our memory we should be able to call it up in a test. Some of the factors that affect test results have already been mentioned. They are all going to be flawed.

So if you are not open to the experiment where the patent at 693,000 wpm and the testimonials given by others there is no test that will prove for you that PhotoReading works even if you were there watching it. Even if you tried it yourself you'd fail.

Thanks for asking us to try and convince you.
Rather than try to convince you I think it would be more exciting if you could experience the untapped potential of your mind.

I know when I learned PhotoReading I was not insterested in Matrix like download of information. I just wanted to be able to read 3 books in the time it took me to read one. That was my practical application. What I uncovered in learning PhotoReading made me realise that I my brain or mind has far more potential than I ever thought.

To me it made no sense to PhotoRead stuff I don't need. 3 minutes is still three minutes of my time. What you're asking will take more than 3 minutes to organise to consider it valid and at the end of the day there will still be people who don't believe it.

Pete was filmed for an infomercial PhotoReading a book on a computer screen. They had to cut it because people felt it is impossible to do that and refused believe what they saw. So what is the point of doing these demonstrations when we know they will not convince people?, other than wasting our time?

If you want proof that PhotoReading works don't look to PhotoReading proving it. Look at brain potential. What they have learned about the brain in the last 7 years since the access to PET and fMRI research equipment.

When you're ready, PhotoReading will be here for you to learn.

Alex

Writing a summary can take longer than Photoreading and activation not less in my experience. Besides I've already done something similar and had posted it on the forum.

I PhotoRead and Activated the book "Think Like Leonardo Da Vinci by Michael Gelb." It took me 15 minutes to PhotoRead and activate and another 15 minutes to write the book review. I didn't mind doing that because there was something in it for me.

Alex

#44105 04/13/05 06:51 PM

Hey, folks. Nice forum you have here, very interesting discussions.

I first heard about PR on a Lucid Dreaming site. Like Sheeggy, I'm a skeptic, and after reading here for a while it sounds like the evidence in favor of PR is anecdotal at best. That isn't too convincing.

A little bit of documented evidence isn't too much to ask for, is it? Has PR ever been published in a reputable, peer-reviewed psychology, sociology, or pedagogy journal? Is it based on sound, scientific principles?

Why isn't anyone here willing to take up Sheeggy's e-mail challenge?

My interest is sincere, I'm posing these questions with all due respect.

#44106 04/14/05 02:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Zetetic:

A little bit of documented evidence isn't too much to ask for, is it? Has PR ever been published in a reputable, peer-reviewed psychology, sociology, or pedagogy journal? Is it based on sound, scientific principles?

Nope because PhotoReading is a trademarked name belonging to a private company. Such research would be endorsing the company. It would raise the question of whether Learning Strategies paid for the positive review and why a scientific research group is spending money on this. The only reason why they would is to see if it is valid for their business. In which case they are not obliged to release it to the public.

quote:
Why isn't anyone here willing to take up Sheeggy's e-mail challenge?

Results will remain anecdotal won't they?

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited April 13, 2005).]

#44107 04/14/05 11:25 PM
sheeggy Offline OP
OP Offline

quote:
Nope because PhotoReading is a trademarked name belonging to a private company. Such research would be endorsing the company. It would raise the question of whether Learning Strategies paid for the positive review and why a scientific research group is spending money on this. The only reason why they would is to see if it is valid for their business. In which case they are not obliged to release it to the public.

Well LSC must be quite a wierd corporation then. Citing an actual study, whether financed by LSC or not, would get LSC many customers. That's one of the favorite techniques of advertisers, to cite a study proving whatever point they want. They don't need to give details. It's like the studies on marijuana, they don't mention the fact that they gave monkeys twenty joins, just that monkey suffered damage from it. If results get called in question eventually there would be multiple independent studies performed.

quote:

That'd be enough for me, hell if it really works I'd make everyone I know buy a book on photoreading.

[This message has been edited by sheeggy (edited April 14, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by sheeggy (edited April 14, 2005).]

#44108 04/15/05 09:32 AM

Indeed, the pharmaceutical companies do it all the time.

#44109 04/15/05 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sheeggy:
Citing an actual study, whether financed by LSC or not, would get LSC many customers.

You didn't like the Patent experiment. People have gone on to try similar ones themselves.

quote:

quote:
That'd be enough for me, hell if it really works I'd make everyone I know buy a book on photoreading.

Just like everyone here has been trying to encourage you to get the book and see for yourself
http://www.LearningStrategies.com/Video/PhotoReading.ram

You need realPlayer for that.

Alex

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved