Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44135 04/10/05 12:30 PM
lule Offline OP
OP Offline

hi,

I used to read some of the posts at this forum, but I wasn't registered, and now I felt peaced off so I decided to post sth.

I am a PR beginner, and I noticed some good results, but that's not a reason why I am writing this post.

Obviously there are many sceptics and it's ok, but some of those sceptics spend so much energy trying to prove that PR doesn't work for anyone, just because it didn't work for them after they PR one or two books and expected to know every page by heart.

Does this sound imposible, to know every page by heart after PR a book and spending 20 min in total? probably yes, but it's possible, yes you read it right, it's possible and I will give you a proof of it now and even the greatest sceptics here will be convinced and everyone here will be much more motivated about PR.

just to mention, I have nothing to do with learning strategies.

so let's start, I live in Sweden and during a short period of time they were showing a very interesting program on tv. People in England will recognize what I am talking about, since the program originally comes from England and it's name is "Mind Control", and the main person in the program is Derren Brown, to all sceptics remember well this name.

Derren B. masters many skills that involve subconscious and as he says it took him a long time to reach that level. one of these skills is PR and in one program he demonstrated PR skill. He went to a library, I think it was in London, and he gave Oxford dictionary to a librarian (let's call him A). then DB (Derren B) asked A to open any page and to chose any row on that page. A chose a page and a row so he said to DB the page and row number. then DB told him what was written in that row. A was suprised, but even more suprised when DB told him that he spent only 20 min with Oxford dictionary.

Ok, maybe DB has spent 1 year learning every page of Oxford dictionary, we don't know that.
But they did another test, DB asked A to go around the whole library and to pick up some book. After some time A came back with a book, it was some book about history or philosophy or sth similar. Then DB took a book and spent with it 20 min. They showed him in photo focus state how he was flipping the pages.
After 20 min DB and A met again and they did the same
thing as before. A chose a page and a row and DB
told him what was writen in that row. Then A chose another
page and row and DB told him again what was written there.
Second time he made a small mistake, he pronounced
wrong one word in the row and A told him that, but before
A told him what word that was DB corrected himself and said that the word
was written in French and that it was written in
cursive style. Then DB explained for A that the amazing
technique he uses is called PhotoReading.

So all sceptics who want proof, you can buy a CD with Derren B. program and see with your own eyes what I described above.

And to Learning Strategy stuff you can also get this program and put this clip somewhere at
your web page, I doubt you can get better commercial for PR.

take care
Lule

#44136 04/10/05 03:09 PM

Is this the Derren Brown of whom you speak?
http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/home.asp

-Jeff

#44137 04/10/05 03:10 PM

That is an amazing display of a highly developed Photoreading skill. However, I can see why LSC wouldn't put this up as a promotional commercial. Their book, at least, doesn't teach this. (I can't speak for the home study course or the seminar because I never took them.) The material presented only teaches you to increase your normal reading speed. The material doesn't teach you to develop skills to the level you describe.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that what you describe is possible with a lot of practice. I just don't agree that these types of experiences are the way to sell or promote Photoreading. If LSC were to create a course or a book that taught people how to do these kinds of feats, then this is the type of experience they should advertise.

#44138 04/10/05 10:10 PM
lule Offline OP
OP Offline

Jeff,
yes you've got the right person.

scribe,
LSC can do what ever they want in order to promote PR,
I really don't care. I only have PR book and there are some amazing stories there as well
and as you could notice many people want to see a demosnstration of PR and it's understandable.

I can tell, that all doubts I had about PR, were just blown away when I saw that program, and I agree
with you that the best way to see how it works is
to get PR book from local library. I think that we
should appreciate that people like Paul Scheele found a way
to share their inventions and knowledge with the rest of the world.
it's up to individual if he/she will use it or ignore it.

regards
lule

#44139 04/14/05 01:30 PM

Tjena Lule!

Jag har Photoreadkursen och har använt den en del. Jag fick bättre betyg än vanligt på en kurs som resultat av att jag läste en del litteratur tror jag men i övrigt så har jag inte sett några otroliga resultat. Men det var nu länge sedan jag p-läste en bok.

Hur länge har du hållt på och vem är du?

svara helst till min mejl storjorden-snabela-yahoo.com för jag kollar inte dessa forum så ofta.

Ha det!

/Tore från Norrköping

#44140 04/16/05 02:17 PM
lule Offline OP
OP Offline

tjäna Tore!

...jag började med PR för ca 2 månader, jag har bara boken, jag vet inte riktigt vad finns i kurspaketet som du pratar om. hur många cd finns och vad finns på dem?

jag är 26 år gammal, bor i Göteborg och jag är civilingenjör, jag jobbar i Gtb.

jag märkte att jag går mycket snabbare igenom böcker, och det bästa resultat av PR märkte jag en gång när jag läste en liten artikel på jobbet. jag PR artikeln och snabbläste den, och under snabbläsning förstod jag inte så mycket. efter några dagar hade vi möte där vi diskuterade artikeln och jag kunde allt.

#44141 04/17/05 12:23 PM

Lule o Tore!
Kul att se svenska här. Jag är en 20åring från Örebro och gör för tillfället Lumpen. Jag har alltid varit seg på att läsa, men har nu fått upp hoppet för att fotoläsning ska funka för mig. Största anledningen till detta är inför de tuffa åren med universitetsstudier som väntar.

Hursomhelst, har en kort fråga: hur lång tid har det tagit för er att lära er detta? Skulle vara kul att ventilera lite tankar. Det är ju så få i Sverige som vet om detta.

Hälsningar
Dag Seldén
dag22-snabela-spray.se

[This message has been edited by dag22 (edited April 17, 2005).]

#44142 04/17/05 06:54 PM

I don't think derren brown is using photoreading, hes a magician isn't he?

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved