Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

As far as I am aware, photoreading has not worked for me as of yet. I haven't given up though. How long did it take you, before noticing tangible results?

OP Offline

And when you finally learned, was it in an instance or did you gradually build up to it.

Learning Strategies Admin

From the lack of response I'd say most successful PhotoReaders have learned it is a mistake to expect your experience to be the same as someone elses.

Don't compare to how long it took someone else to learn.

Alex

It would be useful to know, how long it took forum different members to learn the techinic. You would get a good idea of range.

I would be particulary interested in knowing how long it took Alex to achieve success.

ked Offline

I think there is no "time frame" you can't say, well I've got 3 months to learn it and then you get to the three month mark and you still don't feel comfortable with the system.

I went in and out of using the system for about a year until I decided I was going to photoread every day for a couple weeks and really, truly activate 5 books in that time. I immediately started seeing how the system worked because some books would take hardly any time (they didn't apply to my purpose and I felt joyful tossing them aside), while others had information that seemed to jump off the page after a few passes.

But still, there is no time frame. My best advice is to use the system (not "practice") on books that you won't be tested on (because that creates too much anxiety for beginners) and just apply the system (with multiple activation passes) on each book until you feel you've grasped the information you need. I would say after doing this for about 10 books, you will start to feel comfortable with the system. Perhaps not, but it's a starting point.

It doesn't matter how long it took Alex to learn the system. Alex is Alex and you are you. How fast Alex picked up the Photoreading system has no impact on your life at all.

One of the things they taught us in the Photoreading class is that comparing yourself to others does not do any good at all.

The best thing for you to do is to experienced the system for yourself.

I would listen to Ked. He has some really great advice on this post.

I posted this in reply to a question on a thread in the Beyond Human forum. It is also my answer to the question how long it took me to learn.

The reasonI never discuss how long it took me to learn with a beginner is simply because it is a personal experience. One that everyone must have for themselves to fully appreciate their own abilities.

So here is what I posted

quote:
Go into it without expectations. This goes for any course. You need to take the attitude of finding out what happens. Asking yourself or saying to yourself, Okay what happens when I do this. And then if the course advises you to do the exercise before listening further do that.

What people fail to realise audio courses would become long winded explanations of what your experience might have been. Even what is explained is may not be the most common experience rather perhaps the most unusual. This doesn't mean your experience is not valid, it's just your experience.

By noticing your own personal experiences checking in with yourself about what happens you can have experiences like those mentioned in the testimonials. You won't have them if you keep comparing your own experience to theirs. If you look at testimonials they tell us where they where, what they did and what happened for them. You cannot do that if you are comparing your own experience to anyone other than your own.

So what happens when you do the steps? Grow from there.

Alex

I believe it is up to the learner. My Anthony Robbins coach went over the book and CDs with me and I began the elementary process of PR immediately. It seems like the more I practice, the more astounding results I see in my own life.

I would follow the principles of the world's most winningest basketball coach in history, the Honorable John Wooden of the UCLA Bruins ( soory I am an avid basketball fan from way back) and BE QUICK BUT DON'T HURRY!! There is no rush and the technique does come much easier if you do not put yourself under pressure to perform. As Paul Scheele says in his Accelements Seminar,"Passion is destroyed by PRESSURE!" This is so true , when it comes to learning to Photoread.
The more you familiarize yourself with the book and CDs, and the more you practice;it gets easier and faster!!

I am sorry I did not reply to this sooner, but like Alex wrote in another post, -- we all get so caught up with the wonderful things we can do and give back to the community, after we learn all these new tools that Paul Scheele is teaching us, that we don't return to this discussion forum often enough to help the newcomers. I will make a point to visit this forum, at least once a week, so I can help others, as I was helped a year ago.

My life has been so much improved, my salary has increased, my relationships have improved, and I read like I never have read before. I can not say enough praises about PR! I am thankful for this forum, as there is still much I learn too, as well as teach!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved