Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#44315 05/04/05 05:31 AM
OP Offline

I have been an A+-average-student in every class I have ever taken. I always get at least 98% on tests and other assignments. However, just yesterday, I got a 93, which is an A-, on my history test after photoreading all the notes and a chapter in the textbook. I don't know why, but this A- really worries me. I think I should go back to my original system of study.

Could you offer any reasonable explanation of my getting an A- in a subject in which I have always got A+?

#44316 05/04/05 06:07 AM

Your post tells us nothing of what you did.Did you have a purpose? Did you get the trigger words? Did you write down questions for the trigger words? Did you do superreading and dipping to get answers to your questions? Did you do a mindmap?

Your post does not mention any of these items. If you just photoread only and did not do any of the above mentioned items you are living in a fantasy world or la la land if you think you do not have to make any effort to activate after photoreading..You cannot photoread only with no activation no effort and think you don't have to work or make any effort in school. If you think you can photoread only without doing any activation you are just kidding yourself.

Let us know what you really did or did not do then we will be in a position to help you.

Photoread4me

#44317 05/04/05 06:10 AM

I can't offer an explanation, yet I would like to ask, what are the time differences from your
original system of study, to your Photoreading study system.. you still show that Photoreading works, and even though you did not get a A+ well done on still getting an A, it could have been B or a C now that would have been the end of the world would it not..

Anyway you still did really well so well done..

#44318 05/04/05 09:03 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Two days ago you created a thread asking us to convince you that PhotoReading is valid and today you demand to know why you got an A- using the PhotoReading system.

If you don't believe in the system what would you expect your mind to create for you?

How long have you been using the whole system?

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited May 04, 2005).]

#44319 05/04/05 08:37 PM
OP Offline

I use the Dr. Green's study method for years and I've always get A+'s. However, it takes a lot of time following his system of studying. Usually, it takes about 2-4 hours a day to study new things and review notes, but it's worth it.

I tried to learn PhotoReading just to cut short the amount of time spent on reading. In IB, there are tons of books which I have to read, given a short amount of time. However, if PR does not work, I will then have to magnificently torture myself in IB, such as staying up very late reading, studying, solving problems, and reviewing notes (Dr. Green's method makes me to review cumulative notes daily).

Maybe PR only applies to computer-like person. Or maybe some people are born with the potentiality to learn and use it well, while others aren't.

#44320 05/05/05 12:09 AM

YOU SAY "Maybe PR only applies to computer-like person. Or maybe some people are born with the potentiality to learn and use it well, while others aren't."

Thats a bit like saying not everyone can learn to tie shoe's, if you or anyone else makes the chunk size of any learning task, then you and anyboby else who cears to make the effort can learn most anything, you can't learn to spell if you don't brake the words up, learning to PR, is a case of building skill on top of skill, a bit like building a chain, one part of the process links to the next and so on.

a note on the word "tried" there is on tried there is only do and not do, if you tried to open a door, it means you have failed, you can't fail, you can only create a leavel of feebback, that tells you that some parts of what you are doing are working well, and other need to be adjusted, I started out with Pr many many years ago, 1994/5 and at that time I was a very poor reader, with dyslexia and ADD/ADHD so my mind would run away with it's self, and it was hard keeping up, yet I just kept on keeping on, now I pr really good, and find it hard some time to read in a narmal way, ie, word for word, yet it as help me learn so many things, and keeping my attention on the point that matter to my learning task, so as you have a natural smartness that as been givn too you, maybe you might consider, allowing this smart arse, leand you a few thoughts.

! relax
2 Be speicfic with your purpose
3 make notes of any questions that come to mind
4 You can do the Pring in and out of order, now before some says you can't YOU CAN,

5 Give your self enough time to pay a litte more time to go over, anybits of info that your mind might pop uo from time to time,

6 carry a little note pad with you all the time, so if something comes to mind when your out and about you can jot it down, if you don't have a note pad with when this happens, if you have a cell/mobile phone use the text funtion to take the notes.

7 sometimes it best to do lots and lots of little passes, just stop at what seem at ramdom places on the page, think of a quick question and see if what you read, fits with the question, I find 7 out 10 times, this works for me.

8 keep reminding your self of what are your goals for learning what ever you are learning, how are you going to use the new learnings.

9 recap you notes, key words, and purpose and tell your self that you will find learning anything new to be easy.

AND IT WILL BE.

#44321 05/05/05 03:01 AM

quote:
Could you offer any reasonable explanation of my getting an A- in a subject in which I have always got A+?

Sure. You tried a new and unfamiliar study method.

What I'm wondering is did Photoreading save you time? Do you think you will be able to increase your speed and recall with practice?

Are these results any different than what you would expect to happen if you tried changing your method for taking notes?

[This message has been edited by scribe (edited May 04, 2005).]

#44322 05/05/05 04:22 AM

You know you can make that being on top of all your reading have time to spare NOT have to stay up all night reading and actually have time to do other things for enjoyment and actually have a life a REALITY.

I have a really great friend who has since graduated from graduate school. The books he was dealing with were extremely complex and difficult.Before he learned about Photoreading he would be reading from 700am to 1100pm or 1200am. After he learned Photoreading he was on top of all his studies was about a month or 2 months ahead of his class and felt on top of his studies and very relax.

That can become YOUR REALITY BUT you are going to have to level with us and be honest with us and tell us exactly what you are doing or not doing. Do you know how to activate a book after you photoread it?Earlier i mentioned to you that you need to activate the material.That is where you are using your conscious mind to get what you want or need from the book.

The choice is up to you now. It is your decision. You can ignore us, be on your way and have to spend a awful lot of time using ineffiecent reading strategies or you can level with us be honest with us and tell us exactly what you are doing and not doing and then we will be in a position to help get the results you want.

Your call. Your decision. Your life.

Photoread4me

#44323 05/05/05 05:24 AM

How long have you been using the whole PhotoReading System, Hermionics?

You gave Greens method 2 years and the PhotoReading system...?

Alex

#44324 05/06/05 01:13 AM
OP Offline

[quote="photoread4me"]Before he learned about Photoreading he would be reading from 700am to 1100pm or 1200am[/quote]

That's 16-17 hours. Who would be reading that much? Nonsense.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved