An essential part of my activation, is to state the purpose:

"show me why I should learn this book(title)"

Once you've done a pass/es of the book and been shown the reasons why you should activate the book, you now have a strong purpose:

"my purpose of activating this book is to *answer to previous purpose question goes here*

I'm working on this procedure more and more, and I'll post as I see the benefits.

Paul talks on Disk8 about how whether we really want something affects whether we get it.

I've been thinking a lot about this from various sources, and also from what Paul talked about.

In my utter frustration, going over and over in my head was:
"I JUST DON'T KNOW WHAT I WANT, DOESN'T ANYONE GET THIS!!! ARGGGHHH!!!"

Anyway I have somewhat calmed down since then, once an answer came to mind, and it's quite simple:

At this point in time, consciously, we may not know what we really want, because there's always too much noise.
Using PR and the subconscious to find the answer "what do I want" solves this.

I find that many books (especially my techncial books) have a section at the start that says something like:

"who should read this book" or
"why you should read this book"

however, apart from these sections, there's meaning throughout the book as to why you should want to read it.

My goal here is to make it all as automatic as possible.To free the mind completely, to let it excel.Lift the barriers and go to work!

Try it.

Cheers!

[This message has been edited by flex22 (edited May 17, 2005).]

[This message has been edited by flex22 (edited May 17, 2005).]