Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

How much time to "SuperRead" one page, not dip just to "SuperRead"?
Also how much time to "Skitter" one page?

I have been doing PR for almost a year, although the first few months, as many of the newcomers who post on this forum are. I was highly resistant to it, but in August 2004, I began to really grasp it and apply it. I am no longer a junior member, and feel I can answer your question? If you are not a STAR WARS fan, skip the next paragraph. All will be clear as you read on.

To answer that I will ask you if you saw the movie, STAR WARS in 1977, called Episode 4, A NEW HOPE. When young Luke Skywalker is attempting a technical aerospace maneuver to destroy a menacing super weapon called the DEATH STAR, his preconscious processor in the form of the voice of his "deceased" master/spirit guide says "LET GO! USE THE FORCE". Luke responds by turning off all his computers and goes with the flow.

What does this have to do with skittering and superreading, you ask? I have found, that when I PR something, as it was taught by Paul Scheele, I suddenly have new questions and motivation to pursue the material. I superread , as the force leads me. I skitter, as the force leads me. I relax and don't push, but let the trigger words leap out at me. I have had astonishing success with this system.

In other words, it sounds like the basic idea is to just let instinct/your heart/your subconscious mind guide you.

OP Offline

OK, but I ask for technique.

How much time to "SuperRead" one page, not dip just to "SuperRead"?
-See last question below!
Also how much time to "Skitter" one page?

And should I look just to the center of the page, or I look in the middle of the page from top/first line, slowly lower my view (looking in the middle all the time) down to the last line of the text in page?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Superead is 4 to 12 seconds a page.
Skittering is slower allow about 10 to 20 seconds per page. (page about 310 words)

A4 page is about 670 words and often 2 columns so you need to allow 4 to 12 seconds superreading or 10 to 20 second skittering each column. I hope I don't need to tell you that the time would be double if it is a single column on an A4 page.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved