Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Hi,

I just got the audio material. I need to know, is PhotoReading helpful for highly-sofisticated texts, such as programming code, logic texts, and any other material that needs neer-to-full-comprehension?

Thank you

I used PhotoReading while a graduate student in physics, and I also use it in my work as a software engineer. In my opinion yes, it does work very well on highly sophisticated texts. It works especially well, in my opinion, on highly structured texts - such as books on mathematics, physics and computer science (where I have applied it the most).

I concur with CKERINS I utilized PR on metallurgy and engineering textbooks as I prepared for the Professional Engineering Exam. I PRed 40-50 books on the topics that I thought would be on the exam.

I start by building a solid foundation glossary of relevant terms if one is not currently available. However if a glossary is available I PR and skim the glossary to add a few mental hooks. Finally, I PR the technical texts and general study notes.

BTW, I passed the 8-hr PE exam with the highest score in the state.

OP Offline

ckerins, thank you

How long did it require to reach a level that you could do that? and how long did it take to finnish a 1000 page book? and how did you learn PR? Using the tapes or the Seminar?

Thank you

I initially learned PhotoReading through the home study course (the book was the second edition - this was back around 1995, I think). Eventually, I took the seminar - after I had an experience with spontaneous activation that I found "spooky".

I was taking a graduate course in mathematical methods of physics and classical dynamics (along with a couple of other graduate course, while working full time for a defense contractor as an engineer). Between work, school, and studying martial arts, my study time was limited. I found that PhotoReading dramatically reduced my study time. However, the thing that convinced me was the preparation for the final. The professor assigned chapters, having us skip some. However, when preparing to do problem sets, I would PhotoRead the entire text. I ended up making multiple passes over the text with the PR stage of the program.

When it came time for the final, I opened the exam and groaned. The bulk of the problems were NOT from the chapters where problem sets were assigned, but from the chapters that were between them (and skipped). I felt resigned, closed my eyes and was ready to quit. I opened my eyes again, looked at the exam and it was suddenly like a flood coursing through my brain. I started writing and almost couldn't write fast enough to get the information down in the exam booklet. Fortyfive minutes later, I walked out of the exam hall (the next person was done 2 1/2 hours in the exam) feeling like my brain was empty. I was done. When the exams grades were given back, I scored a 93 on the exam - second highest. SOMETHING occured, though I have to admit I still don't fully understand what.

That experience with spontaneous activation led me to taking the seminar and continuing to us PhotoReading on technical texts whenever I need to learn something new.

Hope this helps.

Craig

I have experienced the same phenomenon as you with that "spooky" activation!
My Anthony Robbins Coach helped me get through the Photoreading Course, after he took it himself, with LSC. My coach states this is a common experience for people who learn this system!

OP Offline

Thank you all for your replies.

I'm asking alot of questions because I need to assess some info before I allocate time for studying and training, because I'm quite busy. So please don't get annoyed.

Accourding to your experience, how long does it take to reach a reasonable level with PR? I.E, how much should I train daily, and for how long?

Thank you

Learning Strategies Admin

Use it daily and you'll become proficient. Everyone has their own timetable for becoming proficient. You need to consider, what you're using it for, how often you need it, how strong the desire...

Do the home study course as given or take a seminar and you'll be getting your reading done in 1/3rd the time it takes you to traditionally read it by the end of the course.

Alex

OP Offline

Alex,

Thank you for your reply.. I appreciate your effort in this forum.

I didn't understant that 1/3rd time for reading. Does this mean that if I normally read a book in 6 hours I'll read it in 2 after taking the seminar? This doesn't sound like the promissed +25,000 wpm! Speed Reading is even faster than that! Or you mean that I'll learn PhotoReading in 1/3rd the time needed to learn it from the book/casette?

Waiting for reply.

Thank you

That's right it is NOT read at 25,000 WPM it is PhotoRead at 25,000 wpm and most people go faster than that especially on computer.

As a beginner if a book takes you 6 hours you'll be finishing it in 2. It does get even better you get to finish books in 1/5th and 1/10th the time of traditional reading.

If it takes you 12 hours to study for an exam you can get that down to 1/3rd or 1/5th the time too.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved