Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44692 06/16/05 03:50 AM
OP Offline

I have finished my final exam. I did not apply photoreading activation techniques but I did photoreading on it.

When I regular read it, actually I could know where the key points are but I could not really absorb the spirit of the key points and be able to apply them.

I have to read the whole stuff for several times and keep asking different questions to stimulate my thinking on that 'key point'.

My point is, Paul claims that we can get rid of garbage information of the book and dip into useful information directly by photoreading whole mind system. But for technical materials, like maths, the lectures notes don't have many pages. So I can find out the key points easily. However, even you know where it is does not guarantee you can understand it and be able to apply it.

I just wonder if it is the body mind connection problem or whatever. I do not only need to be able to find out kep points but also to absorb them. How can I acheive this?

Michael

#44693 06/16/05 05:44 AM

If anybody would know this; it would be Kwlee. Kwlee used Photoreading extensively to work on math at Cambridge University. I suggest you do a search on Kwlee.
Photoread4me

PS; remember because the nature of math is very analytical your activation sessions with math will take longer.
Photoread4me

#44694 06/16/05 08:57 AM
OP Offline

The most interesting thing is that even you just read the same lind of proof the next day, your comprehension will be better even if you JUST READ it. You can comprehend it naturally. This is obviously the work of inner mind. But I just feel it takes TOO long for the materials to gel. Besides, if you want to be able to apply the materials, you need to solve problems but even one question can take a LONG time to get you stuck in. However, you can solve it in 15 minutes when you solve it again a week later. In short, if I am given unlimited time, I can do whatever I want. BUT it just takes TOO long.

I have read through all the posts of KW. Obviously economics has a lot to do with maths BUT econ maths are not like Maths. Maths are more rigorous and Maths have no numbers and are purely algebra. He told me that he superread and dipped the proofs several times. I tried but could not make it. I even tried to regular read it for several times, the effect may be better but it is not good enough. Besides, KW can carry on to superread and dip the latter part of the book even he doesn't know the previous part. For me, I can't understand the latter part without knowing the previous part. This is the main problem. Maybe KW's method applies to essay writing most effectively.

Lastly, I think KW has also learnt a lot of courses like silva method to boost his body mind connection. I don't know which courses would be great to improve this area.

#44695 06/16/05 10:41 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Maths uses the analytical intelligence. Solving and understand math problems is not just reading. tTo understand better you might need to PhotoRead it more often. If you find the traditional approach to math working use it, but you cannot rush the conscious mind when it comes to doing the number crunching.

You're complaining that you don't even get it with traditional reading.So you're trying to rush it with PhotoReading? Have you ever considered getting tutored in maths? You still seem to be rushing to have the analytical reading don fast and first. Build in layers!

KWLee was profient in maths that's why he studied Economics.

The reading principles apply do it in layers, take regular breaks, do the sum (they are activation). If you're not good in a subject but want to be you have to PhotoRead the textbooks more often and apply yourself. You will still spend more time with the book than someone who is good at the subject but if you want to get to their level you can.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved