Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44750 06/24/05 01:49 PM
KevCT Offline OP
OP Offline

I had posted this the other day, but it may have gotten lost in the other thread - so when you superread, do you essentially superread every page of the book spending about 2 to 3 seconds scanning your eyes down the center of each page, until you feel compelled to dip in? ie, something catches your eye and triggers you to dip in for more info? Thanks

#44751 06/25/05 04:32 AM

You don't necessarily have to superread every single page of the book it depends on what your purpose is & what you are trying to get from the book. I would say 4 to 30 seconds a page. You definitely do not want to spend more than 30 seconds a page. Pay attention to your inner signals. It could be something as simple as what part of the page your eyes are pointing to when superreading. Dip when you feel compelled & when it is definitely related to your purpose.
Photoread4me

#44752 06/25/05 01:04 PM
KevCT Offline OP
OP Offline

superreading seems to be the most difficult step of the program for me, but I will eventually get it. thanks for the info.

#44753 06/25/05 03:56 PM

>superreading seems to be the most difficult step

for me too...so here is my question again
"How to SuperRead and Dip?" http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005164.html

Book have ~400 pages and I have ~30 questions from trigger words (preview and postview).

What is right way to SR/dip:

1) to SR/dip book from beginning to end few times (3-6 pass) and to try to answer this (~30) questions, 5-6 question every trip

2) or, I pick one question (or few similar if exist) and start SR/dip book from beginning. When I find answer to that question (for example answer is in page 150, in 2 sentence - book have 400 pages) I stop there, and I pick another question and I start again from beginning of the book and SR/dip to find answer to that question. And I start SR/dip book again from beginning for every new question.

3) or I find chapter (from TOC or index) where answer for one question should be, and I SR/dip only that chapter

What to do?

Or should I mix both approach?

If I don't have trigger words (questions) then I SR/dip whole book from beginning to end in one shot to find trigger words (questions)?

And if I have trigger words (questions) I use #2 approach?

For some questions I already know where answers are, so I use #3?

#44754 06/26/05 05:45 AM

Niksa_os; "If i don't have trigger words" You are supposed to get your trigger words when you are previewing and mind probing.The reason you are having such a hard time superreading is because your purpose is missing. If you don't have a purpose and don't know what you are looking for how are you going to find it by superreading when you don't know what you are looking for.

You are making this to be very complicated when it is not. It is very simple. You establish your purpose. You determine why and what it is you need from the book and how you are going to use the information from the book once you have it. Then you look through the book very rapidly pulling out trigger words every 25 pages or so. Then you formulate mind probing questions from the triggers words. Then you superread and dip looking for the answers to your mind probing questions.
Photoread4me

#44755 06/26/05 06:48 AM

>Then you formulate mind probing questions
>from the triggers words. Then you superread
>and dip looking for the answers to your
>mind probing questions.

I know all that and how to get trigger words.
I copy/paste old thread which I didn't read again, that's my mistake.
Now I write all again, no copy/paste.

My question is how to SuperRead when I search for trigger words and/or answers to mind probing questions?

Book have ~400 pages and I have ~30 questions from trigger words (preview and postview).

1) I SuperRead book from beginning to end few times (3-6 pass) and try to answer (dip) this ~30 questions. I SuperRead/Dip (search/answer) 5-6 questions in one trip through book? Then I pick another 5-6 questions and start again?

2) or, I pick one question (or few similar if exist) and start SuperRead book from beginning. When I find answer to that question (for example answer is in page 150 - book have 400 pages) I stop there and dip. When I get answer to that question I pick another question and I start again from beginning of the book and SR/dip to find answer to that new question. And I start SR/dip book again from beginning for every new question?

3) or I find chapter (from TOC or index) where answer for one question should be, and I SR/dip only that chapter?

What is the best way or what you do?
Or you have another way?

For some questions ( ???? because of preview, postview, or maybe because of PR ???? ) I already know where answers are.
I just go there and SuperRead/Dip, or I should also look through book for more?

#44756 06/26/05 06:56 AM

Tell me what is the name of the book you are superreading. Tell me what kind of book is it. Tell me what the book is about. Tell me why are you activating this book. Tell me why you need the information from this book.
Photoread4me

#44757 06/27/05 08:33 AM

The art of breathing, Nancy Zi

I didn't look but there should be review at amazon.com, b&n .... any e-book shop

#44758 06/27/05 11:10 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I answered your question on the other thread.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved