Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3837 01/17/02 06:54 AM
GK Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi
Can someone tell me how I can use the New Behavior Generator to help me make new friends and retain them?

#3838 01/16/02 07:42 PM

I haven't used this paraliminal too much, but I think you're supposed model the behaviors in a person you know of the same sex. You may also want to look into the prosperity paraliminal to attract what you want in life.

#3839 01/17/02 10:37 PM

I thought of using it tonight before I read your question for nearly the same purpose.

On side A for help removing hindering behaviours I thought of my goal being to open up to people more, and my hindering behaviour would be shyness.

What are some other behaviours? Proactivity... hindering behaviour maybe-withdrawal into oneself or laziness.

Interest in others... hindering behaviour maybe absorbed in self.

Loyalty vs inconsitency.

To Attract vs Repelling attitude.

Think up all the behaviours, attitudes of mind and feeling that make up being a friendly person.. then think of what you do to stop yourself from achieving those goals. They do not have to be physical behaviours, they can be mental and emotional "behaviours" too.

Good Luck.

#3840 01/19/02 01:36 PM

Making new friends ... hmm.

Well for one thing, everyone on this earth wants friends and want's to be liked. Sadly, many people are too shy to approach other people to start conversations which may eventually lead to friedships.

One must always be on alert for 'opportunities' to strike up friendships!

One must be brave to come out of their shell and expose their compassionate human side to show others that "Hey, I think you're a great person and would like to get to know you a bit more"

Here are some pointers ... being positive, being compassionate, being a great listener, being interested in others, being humorous, the list can go on and on ...

#3841 01/20/02 03:46 AM

You could generate the behaviors shown below, as explained in Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" he gives the following tips:

Don't Critisize, Condemn or Complain

Give Honest, Sincere appreciation

Arouse in the other person an eager want

Become genuinely interested in other people

Smile

Use other peoples names

Be a good listener. Encourage other people to talk about themselves.

Talk in terms of the other persons interests.

Make the other person feel important, and do it sincerely

Keep your eyes peeled for people exhibiting this behavior, and then off you go..

George

#3842 01/25/02 11:06 PM

Hi again,

Maybe do a bit of interesting, very practical reading at http://mentalhelp.net/psyhelp/

Read Chapter 9 if you would like, where it starts with the headings: Relationships with others, Common interpersonal problems and needed skills, and Sustaining longterm relationships.

The information is very good and practical.
Use the info in conjunction with The New Behaviour Generator.

Good Luck.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved