Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#3855 02/10/02 01:29 AM

thanks a lot.

#3856 02/17/02 04:10 AM

Grant,
I'm going to burn that on my CD. I need some clarification...

1) Is that preset named 'Meditation 'Deep'' ?
2) How long should that preset be ? You said I have to go down to 30mins and stay there for 30mins. Does that preset take care all of these or I have to specify the pitch myself?
3) Isn't it boring listening to that preset 1 hour? Can I merge it with rock music?

thanks.

#3857 02/22/02 03:24 AM

Rock music?? W/ the delta state?? God no!! If anything, use Miles Davis - hope you have a big hard drive. (If you do not know who Miles Davis is, LEARN.)

#3858 02/26/02 08:20 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Theerapun

Sorry for the delay.

You must create your own preset. The Meditation (deep) on my version of BWGEN ver. 3.1.3 only goes down to 4Hz, with a pitch which does not reach 100Hz. Make one line from 13Hz(Lowest Normal Wakefulness) to 1.5Hz in 20 minutes. Set the pitch to 100Hz.

When you are creating the wave file make it 45 minutes long. This will make it so that you are entrained at 1.5Hz for 25 minutes.

After reviewing brain wave frequencies it does seem odd that delta sessions could help with Lucid Dreaming, but it did for me. Memory Supercharger is known to put a person in deep alpha-theta brainwave entrainment, so maybe, it's possible that doing sessions with BWGEN at 6Hz(long term memory stimulation-from MegaBrain and Mid-High Theta) for 25 minutes could help. Experiment.

If you get bored during sessions, you may want to try the following. I think it's a good idea to buy an audible affirmation tape of your choice, that has music to enhance it. Jonathan Parker has made many audible affirmation tapes with subliminals embedded. His audible tapes are called MindTalk and InnerScript, he has others too. His affirmations are well worded. His tape topics cover a very, very, very wide and excellent range. I know plain affirmations are far from effective compared to the strategies in Paraliminals, but if they take away your boredom, so what? There's nice music too behind the affirmations.

I don't suggest you listen to rock music while entrained. Rock music has far from relaxing rhythms, and could disturb the entrainment.

Another trick to help with lucid dreams is to leave your light on during the night, while you're asleep. This will keep you on the surface. If you can leave your radio on softly, between stations, this should also create a slight lift into alpha.

Good Luck Theerapun.

#3859 02/27/02 01:01 PM

Hi Grant,

Thanks a lot. But can you let your mind wonder while listening to that preset? What should I expect while listening to that preset? Should I feel damn sleepy or damn happy? I tried 'Deep Meditation' yesterday and fall asleep in only 10 mins. I don't know if it's due to the night before which I only had 4 hours of sleep or the effect of the preset..??

#3860 02/27/02 08:17 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Theerapun

It's a pleasure to help.

When meditating be more an observer of the thoughts, than the thinker, but it's okay to let your mind wonder.

You can expect to feel very relaxed and more on the happy side.

Your falling asleep was due to both having 4 hours of sleep the night before, and listening to low theta entrainment - your brain said, "Here's my chance let me take it!", to the opportunity to get some rest induced by entrainment.

Meditation is normally associated with calm reflection, stillness and inner quietude. It is possible to reach states of blissful tranquility through meditation.

Some other states associated with 4hz-7hz brainwaves are recall, fantasy, imagery, creativity, planning, dreaming, drowsiness, and ESP.

Enkephalins, Endorphins having opiate qualities (effects like morphine) are stimulated at 4hz, which is the level that the meditation(deep) drops to.

Enjoy!

#3861 03/04/02 06:47 AM

what is this listening to frequency stuff how would i go about doing this??? is there somewhere i have ot o go to get it done or what im totally confused.... once a lucid dreamm happens what do you know i listen to dreamplay but am not sure of what alucid dream is exactly well thanks for the help

#3862 03/04/02 09:56 AM

Hi F-16,

I'm still confused in some parts too. However, I'm a lot better than a week before. It's about BrainWave Generator program (www.bwgen.com). I also have 'Dream Play' but I don't listen to it frequently since I prefer memory supercharger. For lucid dream ,visit http://members.aol.com/vandekeere/life1/ . This is a cool site.

#3863 03/05/02 07:46 AM

I've had the first Night Terror experience in a long time, recently. (it sounds worse than it really is - it can be quite pleasent if you're able to let go of the fear of complete paralysis). A Night Terror is essentially a dream that takes place in low Delta. It's frightful because unlike dreams, which more often than not replace reality, a Night Terror superimposes itself upon reality. I didn't expect it, so I didn't know what to ask beyond "can you hear me?" Often, the Frightful Being of a Night Terror experience can provide great insight. Since you're paralyzied, just assume it's telepathic.

I'm going to try repeating the experience this weekend. It usually takes place if I sleep for a few hours on the floor, get up and do something for an hour or two, and then sleep about 4 more hours in daylight.

For those unfamilier with NT's, the "alien abduction" experience is most often attributed to this type of experience.

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited March 07, 2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved