Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

How do i know if im in photofocus state when staring at the monitor?

What are good ways to activate? any different from those used in books?

Also i need help with activation: when activating how do i know whether my conscious mind is making me choose the information or when its an actual hunch or feeling directly from my subconcious?

Thanks, only questions at the moment ;-)

OP Offline

Oh and i forgot, is it possible to photoread chess books ? : (diagrams, puzzles, etc?) will my chess get sharper with that ? thx

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by DoxaVita:
How do i know if im in photofocus state when staring at the monitor?

Use the imaginary X-Technique

quote:
What are good ways to activate? any different from those used in books?

Mind probing questions work well.

quote:
Also i need help with activation: when activating how do i know whether my conscious mind is making me choose the information or when its an actual hunch or feeling directly from my subconcious?

Thanks, only questions at the moment ;-)

The question is wht difference does it make how you get your answers to mind probing qeustions? The idea is to get the answers by whatever means works best for you. Usually its a combination of the consious mind choosing and the nonconscious mind giving you feelings.

Yes you can PhotoRead chess books. Players used Direct Learning on chess books to improve their game.

Alex

DoxaVita,

After a while, with practice of course, one just becomes aware that they are in photofocus and trust in their ability.

When it use to come to PF, I was so mechanical at the beginning ... then one day, it hit me, two magic words to help me with my photofocus ... 'soft gaze'.

Meaning there should be no effort and stress. Your eyes are so totally relaxed, no hard focusing and you're feeling like you're in a dream state or daydreaming.

Here the secret to activation ... practice, faith and belief.

How do you know ... trust in yourself, in that your mind will let you know what you need to know.

Your questions will in time turn to answers.

Good Luck.

Michael

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved