Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44944 07/25/05 01:46 PM
OP Offline

Photoread 4 Me,

I was wondering how you are doing since your heart attack?

Also, since PR has built in relaxation exercises and plus is less stressfull than regular speedreading (Moving your eyes at 5-x the regular reading, trying to rember it, etc.) do you think PR has helped you with relaxation of your whole body and helped with the stress levels lowering?

Take Care,

James

#44945 07/31/05 08:22 AM

James; i am sorry it took so long to respond to your post. I am doing great.I have been exercising 5 days a week i have lost 31 pounds. I weighed 205 pounds at the time of the heart attack i now weigh 174 pounds. I am 5 feet 9 inches tall. The other day i ran on the treadmill for 42 minutes. It felt great. I am now starting to lift weights.

In terms of Photoreading i think anytime you can relax (which Learning Strategies says is very important for learning)that anytime you can relax it is very benefical for your health.I have also made changes in the type of foods i eat & am eating much healthier now. Take care James & have a great day.
Photoread4me

#44946 08/01/05 10:58 PM

photoread4me--

I'm delighted to hear that you had a heart attack (and survived it!). One of the reasons that I've not spent a lot of time here is the fact that last year (July, 2004) I had an "opportunity" to have my heart examined and had 2 stents implanted as a result.

I don't know how old you are (I just turned 53), but one thing I couldn't help but notice was that you (apparently) rearranged your life as a result of your "near miss". I (OTOH) "refused" to do so...I weigh 205 (like I did "then"), and am bowling this summer rather than weightlifting (like I was doing "then"), because I "chickened out"; you are my hero (and who I ought to be more like). Time will tell...

Best regards,
Dale

#44947 08/02/05 07:40 AM

Dale; thank you for your kind words. I am 52 years old. I don't know about being a hero but i do have intentions of getting some enjoyment & pleasure out of life. Months ago when i spoke to my doctor i asked her if she thought it would be unreasonable to get a juicy hamburger mayonaise lettuce tomatoes onions once every 6 months. She had no problems with that at all. In fact the other day she said i could something like that once a week.

Well i think the difference is before i ate anything i wanted with no regards to how what i was eating would impact my health. Now i eat healthy constantly turn down cakes,cookies etc but every once in a while i will indulge myself and have a occasional treat. Man that warm chocolate souffle cake with cold hagen daus vanilla ice cream and vanilla bean sauce was awesome the other day.

As i said earlier you got to get some pleasure and enjoyment out of life.
Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved