Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#44948 07/25/05 03:51 PM
OP Offline

Recently I discovered the disorder which I easily distrated or have too many daydreams ... my brain works different from non-ADD adult persons ... my brain is more slower and not alert and wake fully ...

how would photoreading help?

please read the information on the internet if you dont know much about ADD adult.

Thanks

John.

Learning Strategies Admin

Sure can. You don't need large blocks of time to apply PhotoReading 7 to 21 minutes activation is ideal and knowing that you are only doing it for such a short time helps the mind to stay with the job more.

The Tangerine technique is also useful. It aids focus and concentration.

Alex

OP Offline

Yes... but part of ADD, I easily could not remember much and easily forget things after few hours etc...

Is it possible that I do not use activation much? One of the ADD reasons to avoid doing things and easily distrated and end up not doing activation techiques ...

wonder how to stop distrated and contratrate activations ...

wonder if doing alot of activations would improve the memory even with ADD?

I do not know...

Thanks

WhiteEagle--
I've got ADD, having been diagnosed in College.

What has helped me is Concentration Exercises (found in PR Book), and mnemonics (Memory Optimizer, Memory Supercharger, books by Harry Lorayne or Domenic O'Brian)

Also, Medications such as Ritalin, or other new ADD medications help.

Good Luck,
Chris

One of the reasons we don't remember stuff is we never actually made it a point to put it into our long term memory.

To put information into long term memory you need to do something that says "this is important to me I want to remember it".

One way to remember stuff is with techniques like those taught in Harry Loraynes books. Better yet is to attach the information to your existing memory web. Those methods are suggested by Vera Birkenbhil in the Memory Optimizer course. Having used Harrys technique I did find that unless I needed the information regularly I also forgot the list in the long run.

With Vera's methods since I am linking to existing memory webs I find it easier to recconstruct when I think about it.

When using the PhotoReading System you'll often note that I strongly recommend mind mapping what you got from your reading. It trains the mind to link the significant information to your longer term memory.

It isn't a failing that you forget what you've read a by the end of the day. Its a human condition. Use it or lose it applies.

Reseach has found that top students have forgotten 90% of what they have learned for their final exams in as little as one month after the exam. In other words if they don't review their material and are tested again one month after taking their finals they would barely pass.

This even happens for material we read. Within 24 hours we will forget 60% of what we learned from the text and in a week we will remember less than 20%.

If we seriously wnat to remember what we learned from what we read we need to rewiew. That's where mind maps have an advantage over notes. To review notes one must read what one has written and that can amount to 2or 3 pages on a topic. Mind maps allow you to take it all in, in a glance. So a review takes as little as 5 minute.

Your review should be done immediately at the end of the lesson or when you've finished studying (the book).

Overnight you will have forgotten 60% of what you learned so the next day you need to take 3 to 5 minutes to review your notes or mind map. This pushes the recall back up to the 80-90% mark. However you need to review thoses notes daily for 7 days to maintain the menory. This is now creating a long term memory because you've told you mind this is important that's why you are looking at it every day.

You'll still need to review once a week for a month and then once a month for about 6 months. Copme exam time the information is easier to remember.

If you mind map a book and you find you've forgotten key elements it becomes and easy matter to go back to the text with your mind probing question and craming revision period before the exam is much more productive.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited July 28, 2005).]

White easgle,

I just read about this Concentration Exercise and it may help you.

It is called 'Word Skipping"
Say a poem or any passage in a book,
First say the whole passage then skip ever other word.

Ex. Jack and Jill went up the hill....
R1 Jack Jill Up Hill fetch pail water...
R2 Jack Up fetch water.

You can do this with ABCs, numbers, etc. and do as many rus as you want.

I hope this helps you.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved