Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
theMage Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi all,

I have been inactive in this forum for about 2 years now after going back for my degree. Finally, I managed to find time for doing my PR personal learning course.
Currently, I am doing a degree in chemical engineering and most of my modules are very much technically based,with many equations, or even doing matlab programming or either that, I am required to read something related to law system that deals with business ethics.

I would like to ask if anyone has been using PR for engineering or very mathematically/physics based kinda programs or readings and do we follow the same steps in the PR course?(if any1 has finetuned the PR for reading more technical stuff,please do share with us)

best regards
mark aka theMage

[This message has been edited by theMage (edited July 30, 2005).]

This has already been addressed. Do a search on ckerins you will find a wealth of good information there. In particular read the post titled "Can photoreading help on highly sophisicated texts"
Photoread4me

photoread4me--thanks *so* much for your hint to search based on user name; I've often thought that the most useful concept I've derived from PR has been that of syntopic reading, and your suggestion of "historic" posters as additional sources of articulate (and, frequently, elegant) descriptions of how best to make use of our new-found ability to ingest new information at a rapid pace is greatly appreciated.

May I (politely) suggest that the list be updated to include more recent valuable contributers ( I think it was last updated in 2002)? Or, perhaps AlexK could create a DAQ (Delightfully Answered Questions) sticky post.

Best regards,
Dale

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved