Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Some friends of mine use photoreading,too.They tell me that photoreading is a advanced speedreading,in fact.Because,the advanced speereading,ask you read a page a once,too.and speedreading also use your right brain to work.

But I think they are wrong.Because after photoreading,you get nothing in your consciousness.And if speedreading,you can get many information of books.

Am I right?

You don't have the information exposed to the other than conscious mind with speedreading.With Photoreading you do have the information exposed to the other than conscious mind. With Photoreading you have the information working on both the other than conscious level and the conscious level when you are activating. With speedreading you do not.
Photoread4me

OP Offline

Speedreading is also use your right brain.
I think every picture you see can get into your other than conscious.So I think if use speedreading,the information can also get into other than conscious

PhotoReading, despite whatever you may believe from its title and advertising, is not at all about speed, but rather about a different way of processing information. Speed Reading is about speed, getting through text at a very fast rate, usually by a method similiar or exact to moving your eyes faster over the text, and often time eliminating subvocalization, or the saying of words out loud in your mind as you read them.

PhotoReading works by taking in the information to the subconscious mind, and then 'activating' the parts that you need to your conscious, leaving the rest that you don't. The reason PhotoReading has been used so efficiently in terms of speed & time is its capability to get you straight into the information, and straight into the understanding of any material. It's not moving your eyes over a page quickly, or taking in every third word, it's getting what you need with a specific purpose and moving onto whatever it is you need next.

PhotoReading builds understanding in layers, sometimes in a traditional sequential fashion, and sometimes not. Speed Reading works very much like normal reading, but it's speeding up, and after so much speed, you'll find an eventual loss in comprehension. It goes from point A to point B, where as PhotoReading can work by going to any area anywhere in between the front and back of the book - whatever works for comprehension, understanding, and fulfillment of purpose.

BTW, hey guys...it's again been a while. If anyone has been wondering where I am or has missed me - youngprer.com is still the place to go check up on me or drop me an e-mail.

-youngprer

OP Offline

Your answer is very clearly.With Thousands of thanks.
I'm a chinese .I have visited your website

Frankly, I have not noticed any difference whatsoever between speedreading and photoreading in terms of practical results. Speeding reading books have you make multiple passes through the material, and so does photoreading. I haven't experienced any edge at all in exposing the information to my "other-than-conscious-mind." For me, the most important steps have been to preview, and generate a list of questions and keywords before going into the text and either speedreading or activating. I've tried the whole mind system without the photoreading step, as an experiment, and didn't discern any difference in comprehension whatsoever. Your mileage may vary.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Hey youngprer long time no see. Been busy creating anymore music.

Alex

OP Offline

I got the effect of photoreading.I think you may try to read a difficult book for you.It really works.
The Photoreading whole mind is a flexible tool.You can use it as your demand.I also like to ignore the photoreading step if I read a easy book.

OP Offline

Alex,What's your answer?I want to know your opinion about speedreading and photoreading

quote:
Originally posted by jl3goat:
Frankly, I have not noticed any difference whatsoever between speedreading and photoreading in terms of practical results. Speeding reading books have you make multiple passes through the material, and so does photoreading. I haven't experienced any edge at all in exposing the information to my "other-than-conscious-mind." For me, the most important steps have been to preview, and generate a list of questions and keywords before going into the text and either speedreading or activating. I've tried the whole mind system without the photoreading step, as an experiment, and didn't discern any difference in comprehension whatsoever. Your mileage may vary.

Your lack of differentiation between the levels in comprehension between actually using the PhotoReading step and not using it are understandable. Why? Because the benefit of the PhotoReading step is not entirely conscious, or actually maybe even not conscious at all. The difference, you'll find, is in the application. Try learning a new skill, try experimenting and trying different things in an area you're not familiar with, but have used PhotoReading to gain some expertise through your inexperience. Watch carefully, and you may find yourself noticing things you didn't know you knew!

I remember when I had first starting using PhotoReading, I didn't have much time to spend time consciously getting information. As a fun experiment, I'd give myself little time limits, and set goals within those time limits using PhotoReading. I remember I was in 8th grade, and PhotoRead my science textbook a few times, once right side up, again upside down, and then one more time right side up, flipped through with a post-view, and then had my mom quiz me on vocabulary words and the key concepts of the chapter. I passed with flying colors. One of the vocabulary words I hadn't actually read, I just somehow knew it. Could have been learned from the past, true, but could it be possible that PhotoReading would aid any previous knowledge to the surface? I'd say it's possible.

Just as in some of the most important pivotal moments of life, we go off our "gut feeling," or our 'instincts.' When we're troubled, sometimes sitting down with ourselves and giving words to feelings we have a hard time explaining will unleash powerful solutions to problems we didn't think we could solve, or at times, didn't even realize were there. The key, I think, is to remain open. Drop your expectations, completely, and just let go. Throw away your cares, your stresses, just let whatever happens happen with your thoughts & feelings regarding the material. You might be surprised.

=
I've been working on music, yes. As a musician, I'm still a very active learner and am still attempting to find my own creative style in song writing and performance of both guitar, percussion, vocals, and other areas. The free album that's on my site is allowing you to hear my progress and various transitions of styles as I attempt to find my musical niche.

-youngprer

[This message has been edited by youngprer (edited August 12, 2005).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved