Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi, I'm Marco, from Italy.

I want to share with all of you my experience with PR, which is old and young the same time.
Old, 'cause I bought the book real long time ago, read, just tried to photo-focus and then seen not working and put him in a closet.

New, 'cause just two day ago, I re-read it, and I really tried, this time, to do it everything as explained in the book. Sometimes life has surprises. I photoread the book, with the purpose of finding out where my photoreading was not working and after beeing able of understanding which parts were the ones to pay attention to get better PR. Well... I PR it (already read in a normal way, time ago), and then I left it there on the bed and come here on the pc. But I did an experiment before. Picking up a page I was PRing on the book and PR it rotate of 180 degrees. Well...now I know, I just checked it: it was the page talking about sharing PR experience with other people. Anyway, returning to this evening, I left the book open on the bed and come here on the pc. May be it's normal, may be it's due to PR (I think it's not important), I searched for a PR forum...and I found this. Great. And on a topic I read what Alex said about 3d stereograms. Well...you know what, I think I had a sort of "satori" illumination. I can't say I remember each word of the book of P. Scheele, but...I really know now what he means, in a lot of parts of the book.
At least on blip page, now I have no doubts, even if I have a big overlap (words on words on words...uncomprensible, but no blur) -and I DON'T cross the eyes- now I know it's not important (is everything right Alex?), 'cause...what it's important it's watching without reading, watching being relaxed, concentrated, letting go away the conscious mind; blip, X-view, 3d sterograms, they're just...ways.

Second: PURPOSE IS THE HEART OF PHOTOREADING. Impossible to learn PR without the right concept of purpose.

Third: importance of not having a prestation-anxiety (my english is horrible). PR should be as making love. Not to do because you have, not to do because you have to do the best way in the world, not to be perfect. Just do it because it's fun, 'cause it's amazing to do it, exciting to discover what it makes possible for you.

Well, I cannot say I already photoread, 'cause I can't say I activated, I can't say what happened this evening it's an evidence of spontaneus activation, but...Now I know for sure I'll be able to photoread really good, sooner or later, I don't care when, I know I will. I still have something to work out, especially activation, still not really tried, but I'm sure 5-days test will teach me well...anyway, I don't wanna become a theorichan of PR, I think thinking too much about it it's kind an handicap for beginners.
I'll let you know my experiment, I love to do them.

What I mean is:
Relax, Have fun. PR it's just like seeing stereograms. They're there. They're true. You cannot see them. YET.

There's a big difference between reading the book Photoreading and practising it.
The difference is: practise it, it's more and more exciting...

Hope to write you soon. I read you always.
Marco

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Centauro-X:
And on a topic I read what Alex said about 3d stereograms. Well...you know what, I think I had a sort of "satori" illumination.

Many PhotoReading insights are satori like. Congratulations for noticing. All too often people think it wasn't PhotoReading but something else. In your case the inspiration to find a forum is activation in one of it's many forms. The desire to talk about your experience to understand better is activation. It shows the mind was working on it for you.

quote:
I can't say I remember each word of the book of P. Scheele, but...I really know now what he means, in a lot of parts of the book.

Good. Other peoples words are meaningless until you understand the message they contain. When you understand, you can put it into your own words, you no longer need the Authors exact wording.

PhotoReaders 'read for meaning' not words.

quote:
At least on blip page, now I have no doubts, even if I have a big overlap (words on words on words...uncomprensible, but no blur) -and I DON'T cross the eyes- now I know it's not important (is everything right Alex?), 'cause...what it's important it's watching without reading, watching being relaxed, concentrated, letting go away the conscious mind; blip, X-view, 3d sterograms, they're just...ways.

Right! If there were a thumbs up emoticon I'd use it here but this one would have to do

Watch without reading, relaxed, centered letting go of conscious thoughts. The blip and X-technique are ways of making it easier by giving the conscious mind something to do.

[quote][b]Second: PURPOSE IS THE HEART OF PHOTOREADING. Impossible to learn PR without the right concept of purpose.

It's not impossible to learn PhotoReading without a concept of Purpose. You will learn the concept of purpose as you learn to PhotoRead. The faster you learn the concept of purpose the easier it is to apply PhotoReading. For many there is a an additional benefit of learning about purpose. It affects every area of your life and when you have a conscious purpose your goals become achievable.

quote:
Third: importance of not having a prestation-anxiety (my english is horrible). PR should be as making love. Not to do because you have, not to do because you have to do the best way in the world, not to be perfect. Just do it because it's fun, 'cause it's amazing to do it, exciting to discover what it makes possible for you.

Performance anxiety is a tough one for many of use because we learned in school there is only one right answer and if you get it wrong...

However in life there is more than one right answer and we need to apply the playful approach to finding it.

quote:
Well, I cannot say I already photoread, 'cause I can't say I activated, I can't say what happened this evening it's an evidence of spontaneus activation, but...Now I know for sure I'll be able to photoread really good, sooner or later, I don't care when, I know I will. I still have something to work out, especially activation, still not really tried, but I'm sure 5-days test will teach me well...anyway, I don't wanna become a theorichan of PR, I think thinking too much about it it's kind an handicap for beginners.
I'll let you know my experiment, I love to do them.

What I mean is:
Relax, Have fun. PR it's just like seeing stereograms. They're there. They're true. You cannot see them. YET.

There's a big difference between reading the book Photoreading and practising it.
The difference is: practise it, it's more and more exciting...

Hope to write you soon. I read you always.
Marco

Keep us informed.

Alex

OP Offline

Ok, I'll do. Thank you for your answer.

About purpose, what I explained myself in a wrong way. I didn't want to put purpose as a condicio sine qua non. I meant purpose and photoreading are really bond. Getting involved in photoreading helps to focus your purposes. Focusing your purpose helps you in photoreading. But...you cannot ignore purpose. This is what I feel now.
I'm so happy about what you said on my activation, now I want to learn to do it willy.
This forum is a great chance, especially for people learning from the only book, like me. This way we can share experiences and help each other, confronting doubts exactly like people in the course.

Last thing I want to say: I understood what Scheele means with Global Mental System. Each part of the system, overview, tangarine, relax, PR, skittering, activation, every part is linked to the other one. May be you won't need some of them sometimes, but they're part of a all.
That's why people often misunderstand and think the only PR allows them to memorize 100% of a book, word by word. This is not the purpose of photoreading.
See you soon.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved