Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Ryan Offline OP
OP Offline

I was wondering if anyone in the Dallas, Tx area would like to start a photoreading group, because currently I dont now any photoreaders in real life! I have been doing this for a while now but I would love to enrich my experience and grow as a learner.Also, from what I have read group activation is a very strong motivational tool for people who have just started the system. If people have a group they can go to, to ask questions they will improve their skills at a faster pace! Just let me know if anyone is interested.

[This message has been edited by Ryan (edited September 22, 2005).]

Perhaps you could teach some of your pals to PhotoRead. Then you could form a group together.

Ryan Offline OP
OP Offline

I dont know, I would like to meet some new people who have done photoreading for a while also. Some of my friends dont have the discipline to go through the system, I have tried before.

Yes, I think PhotoReading appeals to a specific type of interest. A person who really wants to learn things will be interested. Sometimes when I am sluggish about doing it I realize that there's a part of me that doesn't want to bother learning the content of the books. Then that idea disgusts me, and I get to it. Many people, however, may not want to learn new things.

Ryan Offline OP
OP Offline

If there is one thing in the photoreading system that I need to work on it is group activation. I have been in groups where I know I am the only one who is a photoreader, but when we start to discuss something the information seems to flow, it is quite strange, because someone will say something and it will lead to a flood of associations. I think the effect would be greater if I could find a solid group of photoreaders to do group activation. I have found you never stop learning about the inner workings of your mind through this system. I have lots of things that I need to work on, the main key to learning this is to be open and honest with yourself and be willing to make mistakes . I think people are too hard on themselves and that gets in the way, you gotta go with the flow! I tell my guitar students that mistakes are necessary to see how it works and you have to have patience to deal with them!

Ryan Offline OP
OP Offline

If anyone is still interested in forming a group I just graduated from College and I will have more time.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved