Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45620 10/09/05 05:06 AM
OP Offline

Hey everyone!

I'm not all doom and gloom. I have had successful spurts while photoreading and have had even my "normal" reading rate go high. However, I still feel like I'm at an impasse.

I usually form some very specific questions. ie, I want to learn how this vitamin interacts with the body, and what side effects it may have. I take sometimes 2-3 minutes to 3-2-1 to state. My standard procedure is:

-preview (flip through all the pages very fast, looking for title words and words the appear often).
-put the book down for a while
-get into state
-photoread
-put the book down for a few
-super read and dip.

Some potential problems.
When I photoread, my concentration isn't really absolute. I have others things fly in sometimes and its' quite annoying. I can get through a 300 page book occasionally without the mind wandering, but 800+ and I'm go everywhere even though I'm still seeing the page.

Can the mind wander while the eyes are still seeing hte entire page? I figure, since the two are disconnected (conscious and unconcious), that it shouldn't matter yes/no?

I guess the last issue is merely confidence. When super reading, I always tend to stay dipping because I find everything so darn interesting. It's that "missing out" syndrome.

Have others had such a long and difficult road to achieving what they wanted here? I am still stubborn and will keep trying and hopefully develop the skills... I'm just wondering if there are any nuggets of wisdom out there that others might have used to help them through.

thanks!

#45621 10/08/05 08:25 PM

Some potential problems.
When I photoread, my concentration isn't really absolute. I have others things fly in sometimes and its' quite annoying. I can get through a 300 page book occasionally without the mind wandering, but 800+ and I'm go everywhere even though I'm still seeing the page.

The whole point of saying relax,relax, 1,2,3,4, relax, relax when you are photoreading is to quiet down the conscious mind with all it's noisy chatter. So do that when you are photoreading. Another thing in photoreading affirmations are use to direct the conscious mind to past issues,future issues. What i am saying is there are affirmations i direct my full concentration & attention to photoreading right now there is plenty of time to deal with these other issues later. As i photoread my mind is absorbing this information. I am curious as to how my mind can demonstrate this information is available to me. The problem with overdipping is the mentality of wanting it all right now on the very fast pass. It is the trap of the passive reading i must get all right now. Trust that your mind is picking up thousands of things subconsciously and you can do multiple passes and get more information on multiple passes. One last thing one of the biggest problems many people have with photoreading is they don't have a purpose. They don't know what they want. Be very clear on your purpose and what you want and you will get much better results.
Photoread4me

#45622 10/08/05 09:37 PM
OP Offline

thanky kindly... I'll give that a try

#45623 10/08/05 09:50 PM

Correction;

"The problem with overdipping is the mentality of wanting it all right now on the very fast pass. It is the trap of the passive reading i must get all right now. Trust that your mind is picking up thousands of things subconsciously and you can do multiple passes and get more information on multiple passes."

"That is the problem with overdipping is the mentality of wanting it all right now on the very first pass"(not fast pass).

It doesn't sound like you are doing superreading & dipping. It sounds like you are doing rapid reading. When you said you spend a long time time continously dipping that sounds like rapid reading. When you are superreading you are going so fast (4 to 10 seconds a page)you don't have time to see complete sentences. The most you'll see is a word here or there. That's why your purpose is so crucial. If you don't have a purpose and don't know what you want and what you are looking for you won't recognize it when you superread.
Photoread4me

#45624 10/09/05 05:21 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Remember to use the tangerine technique for focus and concentration.

When you do your preview you usually intend to get on with PhotoReading straight away no need to put the book down then.

Say the opening and closing affirmation.

quote:
When super reading, I always tend to stay dipping because I find everything so darn interesting. It's that "missing out" syndrome.

It's simply guilt of not having "read everything consciously and yet you've recorded everything in your other than conscious mind. Try pulling out of the dip just before you know everything.

Alex

#45625 10/21/05 01:28 AM
OP Offline

yeah, i guess that's the hardest part.... the greed of wanting to know it all.

It'll take me some time. It's just when you've been taught one way your how life, habits tend to die hard

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved