Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45694 10/12/05 06:55 AM
Phoread Offline OP
OP Offline

I was wondering what kind of Mind Mapping software you guys presently use (if any). I use Mind Manager.

#45695 11/26/05 04:25 PM

Hi Phoread,

I spent a fair bit of time checking out various packages, and found a couple I liked. (NB: I'm not getting kickbacks for this)

I'm using MindManager Pro X5 myself, and successfully used the "presentation mode" to deliver a uni seminar a few weeks back. (Goodbye Powerpoint & linear presentations forever!) As good as the program is, I'm aware of a few shortcomings with the software - hopefully the new version addresses these.

I note that Tony Buzan has put his approval on another Mindmapping program, the name of which escapes me for the moment (just search for "mind mapping software" - you'll find it quickly enough). Without having tried the program, and judging only from the screenshots, it seems to incorporate pictures & colours into the mindmaps better than MindManager, but I'll have to have a play for myself to really find out.

There's a freeware bit of MM software called FreeMind, which is great for what it is. Very limited ability to change fonts/colours/incorporate pictures, and no ability for the user to choose where branches go, but it still does some handy things that even the commercial software doesn't. On balance, though, I'm inclined to prefer MindManager.

I'm soon to get a copy of PersonalBrain, which is like an enormous mindmap, only in 3D... not much good for presentations (structure would be too confusing), but I reckon it'll be great for collecting a storehouse of info, and especially useful for syntopic reading.

Cheers,
Ken.

#45696 11/26/05 07:14 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Paper and markers. Fast and portable. I find it much more effective to Mind Mapping on paper then I am more inclined to Mind Map in Illustrator since I'm not restricted to the program.

Alex

#45697 11/26/05 08:03 PM

I use freemind but am considering investing in computer software.

Thanks for your input,

D.xx

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved