Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#3927 02/07/02 02:11 AM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone

A couple of years ago if somebody said "She's got a attitude", I would have thought she must be really nasty. Now I'm starting to flick that over and assume much more that having an attitude is good even if it's an attitude that puts yourself as Number 1, not that I think that is completely correct. I have the idea that somebody with a strong attitude is motivated and creates results in the world around them.

All that said, I'm really not sure what an attitude consists of, is it a feeling or is it something more? I read somewhere that an attitude is cognitive, emotional and behavior all together, that are congruent.
But that does not explain it much.

I want to be able to understand what an attitude is, how it works and how to create one with the paraliminal tapes. Would just a belief create an attitude? using the Belief Paraliminal?

I know there is the Attitude Activator by Rex Sikes in the Euphoria program which I've ordered. But I want to be able to create attitudes with the Paraliminals.

There is the common Positive Mental Attitude. Which I suppose is very broad.

What would be an attitude in which one is very motivated? What are other attitudes?
In Natural Brilliance there are 3 attitudes. But why they are called attitudes I do not know.

To me an attitude is something a dunce has.

#3928 02/07/02 01:42 PM

I think of an attitude as a way of thinking, or your opinion on things. Behaviors reflect these opinions. On the Attitude Activator, part of the Euphoria! Personal Learning Course, Rex Steven Sikes, after going through hard times, realized that his attitude, or way of thinking had been, “Why me?” And this was getting him nowhere. Suddenly instead of asking, “Why me?” he started to ask himself, “What can I do to change this? Where can I go from here?” And then his life began to change. His attitude began to change, and he started seeing options.

An attitude is the way you think about things. The way we change behaviors is to change the way we think. Paraliminal tapes are designed to help you to change the way you think about things, changing your attitude, and changing behaviors. Belief and New Option Generator are excellent Paraliminals that can boost a change and help you to see options in situations, instead of asking, “Why me?”

#3929 02/09/02 11:11 PM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Sandy!

#3930 02/09/02 11:21 PM

Grant
You may find interesting the stuff in the NLP encyclopedia by Robert Dilts and Judy Delozier. http://www.nlpu.com/ency/index.html
Take a look at it

#3931 02/10/02 12:10 AM
Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

I was looking for that NLP encyclopedia, but I could not find it. Now I can have a good look at it.

Thanks Gabriel.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited February 09, 2002).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved