Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

how to make our eyes not look at the words.are we supposed to actaually read a word. i have difficulty in activating.
please help.
i have read the whole book do we need anything else. can we activate on the same day when we photoread

Learning Strategies Admin

Try PhotoReading the book upside down. Yes you can activate the same day you PhotoRead.

Alex

You wanna know something I've tried using that same method and still arrived to nothing. I even tried running my hand down every page I photofocused and nothing happened as of yet.

Crumbcake what are you trying to do? PhotoRead or activate?

When PhotoReading use the imaginary X-technique. Why would you run your hand down the page.

It could be useful for Superread and dipping however you wouldn't be using photofocus.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 17, 2005).]

Oh yea... I can photofocus without any problem at all. Activating has been an issue that I've been having up to now. Paul scheele was giving a phone seminar about 2 months ago and was discussing some old techniques that he discovered worked for people. He suggested people taking their hands and feet and running it across every page of a book. He was also telling us about another technique of holding a book upside down and backwards while photo focusing every page. I was so happy to apply these new technics but I am still not getting any results from activating yet. I don't want to give up...as a matter of fact I will not give up...

If you're having problems with activation it has nothing to do with the PhotoReading step.

There are two places where activation begins. First is in the prepare, purpose, Accelerated Learning State opening affirm. Then after PhotoReading the closing affirm.

When it comes to activation check your purpose. If activation isn't working you're purpose is either weak or missing. Once you know what you want from a book it's easy to find. Without a purpose it's like looking through the yellow pages phone book to see what you can find. You're in the passive reading trap.

When you have a purpose you open the book closes to where you think you'll find the answer and then search the page using Superread and dipping.

Alex

I never knew that stating your purpose was actually that important to PR. I don't know how to state an effective purpose when photoreading because I never had interest in reading a lot except for the purpose of photoreading. So I always stated in my head that "my purpose of reading this book called 'title' is to photoread the book." There really is no other purpose for me.
I was told bye an instructor to start photoreading short autobiographies of famous people. so when I stated my purpose I used to say in my mind that the purpose of reading this book is to learn more about 'Denzel Washington'or 'Whoopi Goldberg' but I don't know if it were ever effective enough to make pr work.

Why dip if the purpose of PR is to access all the information without having to look at a word?

Since I'm not getting results and you have a small idea of my weaknesses just let me know what I can to make pr more effective for me.

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited November 23, 2005).]

PhotoReading is not a replacement for reading with your conscious mind, it is an expansion to your reading abilities. In order to activate a book, you should superread and dip, skitter or if that doesn't work, use Rapid Read. Some people have spontanious activation after they PhotoRead, but those examples are very rare. The purpose of PR is not accessing all of the information without looking at a word, but to be a more effective reader.

An example of a purpose for reading an autobiography book could be:
"my purpose for reading this book, the autobiography of Denzel Washtington, is that I am curious to find out more about his phenomenal life and the events that shaped him into the person he turned out to be". I don't know if that is your purpose, but it could be one. If you can't find a purpose for reading a book, you should ask yourself: "What would I want to know more of this book, so that I can apply it to my own situation(s)? And why do I want to know more about this book? How is this book going to affect me?"

Once you have a clear purpose, follow the PhotoReading system until the PhotoReading step. Let the book incubate for a sleep cycle (or a break of 20 minutes). Then try activating the material in multiple passes using the superreading and dipping techniques (or skittering), and if that doesn't help much, use the Rapid Read step.
Look for concepts and ideas presented in the book, instead of looking for words. I know I did that in the beginning, and you won't get any comprehension if you do that.
The first time you activate the material, you probably won't get too much comprehension. That's ok though, just take a small break of about 15-30 minutes, and do another activation pass. You can divide the book up into chapters if you wish, and activate each chapter at a time. Make a mindmap of each chapter, and create one mindmap of the entire book once you have finished all of the activation steps. You will notice the difference once you've played with activation a couple of times. Be patient, and have a clear purpose.

Also, be sure to have mind probing questions about the material you're reading. You make up mind probing questions after you've PhotoRead a book, and you do so by either:

1) looking at the table of contents

The table of contents of a book usually contains a lot of information already: the topics and ideas that are used in the book. Ask questions about what's in the table of contents.

2) looking at the headings and subheadings and turning them into questions

PhotoReading is an ACTIVE wholemind system, so you need to ask lots of questions and read on purpose

Tom V, thanks for all this information as it will take time to sink mentally and apply. I will let you know how things turn out after I try the steps instructed, again thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved