Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45851 10/29/05 11:36 AM
OP Offline

how to activate after photoreading.i mean after i photoread i cannot get those things.
for example after photoreading a book,now i try to activate i.e to see wat i know. i just fell blank.i cannot remember those stuffs in there.can i photoread a page like a xerox copy.

#45852 10/29/05 08:39 PM

Hi again; i answered your question on a previous post but i will answer this again.To activate have a purpose that is a reason what you want to get from the book. What are you going to do with this information once you have it. So you establish your purpose you have a goal you know what you want from the book. After you have your purpose you preview (look through the book briefly 3 to 5 minutes looking for trigger words (key terms). You write these trigger words down and you write down your questions for these trigger words. Then you superread(scan through the book 4 to 10 seconds a page looking for the trigger words)When you see a trigger word you stop read the information about the trigger word see if it answers your question you write down your answer to your question then you return to your superreading looking for the next trigger word. I forgot to tell you on the other post after you finished superreading and dipping then you make a mindmap of the book.
Photoread4me

#45853 10/30/05 05:59 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I suggest you reread the chapter on activation. It tells you how to activate.

quote:
for example after photoreading a book,now i try to activate i.e to see wat i know. i just fell blank

That's exactly what everyone experiences after PhotoReading a book. There are steps to activatin and unless you apply them that's how it will remain.

You need to do more than sit and think and feel to activate a book that's why a whole chapter is devoted to activaion.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved