Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

I'm a newbie with photoreading.

but not in martial arts. think about martial arts.

do they work? yes.
do they work for anyone? no, many people who train in MA, train it in the wrong way.
why not everybody practise it? because MANY PEOPLE think that MA don't work.

now instead of martial arts use the same question with photoreading.

and yes, martial artist are MUCH more than photoreaders. but martial arts are thousand of years old. photoreading only 20 (?) years.

Sometimes people with strong academic research backgrounds have difficulty accepting "out of the box" developments , such as those involved with PR ( peripheral vision usage, subconscious processing, etc)-- the kind of things that at this point in time, we have no scientific measuring equipment to access the actual impact on neuronal, polypeptide, and even hormonal transmitters that PR activates. All I know is I find myself into real FLOW these days, and I used to think that was impossible. Thank you LSC!

Back to the original thread, many left brained oriented people can become so closed as to not even recognize obvious results.
This is why I believe mainstream America has not yet embraced PR.

OP Offline

have you people tried photoreading an entire dictionary? then you should know every word in the dictionary. you should also know tons of languages if you put your mind to it.

Ruthless; it is clear that you do not know how photoreading works. Did you even make an effort to read the book before making all these false assumptions. Photoreading is not about developing a photographic memory.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by ruthless:
have you people tried photoreading an entire dictionary? then you should know every word in the dictionary. you should also know tons of languages if you put your mind to it.

Yes, many of us have PhotoRead entire dictionaries. There is little point in using a laguage or vocabulary if the people around you cannot understand it. The use it or lose it rule applies to all memories.

Also PhotoReading dictionaries in different languages does not make one a master of a language. One still needs to learn to speak it the way it is spoken. The correct grammar for writing as well as speaking. If you have no plans to learn to speak the language there is no point in PhotoReading dictionaries in that language. Use it or lose it.

PhotoReading would make the reading side of learning a language easier. However what you read needs to be connected with what one says in a language. We all learned to speak before we learned to read out native tongue.

Alex

I've retracted my previous post. It was intended to be a joke but I think I may have offended a few people.

Please accept my sincerest apologies.

I am thankful and grateful that people like Alex exist in our world. It's really difficult to find people who truly want to help others and see them succeed. And for that, I respect her, and all the other guys who've spent so much time helping others who've had trouble in photoreading.

Again, sorry about my previous post.

[This message has been edited by nishant (edited November 02, 2005).]

Nishant; "Now if only we had his email address :P"

First instead of complaining start by showing some gratitude & thankfulness to the people that are making an effort to help you. Think of somebody else besides yourself and not what you can get. Here is something for you to think about think about how you can help others.

I have heard Paul Scheele offer his email address to clients if you really want to send Paul a email buy a phone card call learning strategies & get it but the reality of the situation is you already have everything you need with Alex Viefhaus.
Alex is the epitome of a photoreader & she really knows her stuff.
Photoread4me

Just for interest. Paul is travelling. And inundated with emails. He's also busy preparing material for some new courses.

If you bought the home study course and need coaching you can always email coaching@learningstrategies.com or call the number provided in the course. Rest assured Paul will redirect any emails asking for help or information about PhotoReading to one of the coaches. He just hasn't the time.

Alex

Hasn't paul got the time? why?
He should be able to read all the e-mails in a few seconds! lol!

Read yes, Reply to all no.

Alex

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved