Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45984 11/05/05 12:26 AM
Hagbard Offline OP
OP Offline

anyone here have experience with PR'ing stuff that makes use of words you don't know the definitions of?
What happens?
Like, say I PR'd an article on Immunodeficiency virus research in the JAMA.
Would my mind pull me toward the words I don't know the meanings for?
Bill

#45985 11/05/05 03:02 AM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Your mind reads for meaning. Usually the context of the writing will give you an idea of what the word means. In other words you can often guess what it means from the surrounding words and the topic.

With PhotoReading you will often find that yuo've already established the meaning.

One of the best reading techniques in traditional reading is to read the glossary first. With PhotoReading you probably would have already PhotoRead it. So why not start activation with the glossary?

Any words that are strange and you don't know the meaning of you can become attracted to so you can look them up; if that is your intention.

Alex

#45986 11/06/05 07:21 AM

If I can just add this. Run your eyes over each page of the book like 50 times really fast. Not with photofocus but with a soft gaze like that when applying the imaginary x to the book. Do this running your eyes down the page. Don't do it all at once but when you first wake up and when you go to bed. Over like 25 days. Say to yourself as you are doing this,'see the words' not read the words.

To give you an idea of what I am talking about think about this. When you talk to someone do you look at a speck on their face or one crooked tooth or do you see their whole face. Think about it. Image the words on the page one whole thing like that of a persons face. You will notice that you will immediately pull back from the written page creating a soft focus. Remember to continually say 'see the words'

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved