Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi all,
Sorry for this kind of newbie question. But I've just begun using this program half an hour ago and it's foreign to me I have some questions which I really can't find answers through groups.yahoo.com and bwgen.com. Some of you seem very experienced in using this program so ...
The 1st question is specfically for Grant...
1) Hi Grant.. I really can't find the delta preset you told me ... What's its name ??? sorry for this stupid question.
2) Have you ever used Psychic , Lucid Dream, Remote Viewing or related presets (bwgen.com/presets) ?? If yes, do they work?
3) Are there any preset great for learning? Is it possible to use it to enter superlearning state?
4) Can it reduce the need of sleep?
5) what preset is specifically for insomnia?

thanks a lot !

OP Offline

Well sorry , i forgot one question.

Do i have to close my eyes and sit up straight while listening to it? Can I do any other activities while listening to it?

Hi Theerapun

For superlearning try a session that goes up and down between 8hz and 10hz, you could also try mixing a 8hz wave with a 40Hz High Beta wave for high cognition while in a relaxed alpha state at the same time. Don't try the 40Hz on it's own, it could be dangerous.

For doing other things at the same time the frequencies between 8 and 13 are good too. This is alpha where learning and other benefits occur. That's what is good about Binaural Beats, you can listen with your ears but still work with your eyes open. There are benefits to listening with eyes closed and open. Closed-stronger entrainment. Open-great productivity and a new experience of the world that you don't normally have when you are in beta.

Good luck.

[This message has been edited by Grant (edited February 27, 2002).]

OP Offline

Thank you very much Grant.

I still have some questions about this program.

1) Why do many presets have to stay at high frequency for a while before going down? I feel like I can't rely on my own created preset since I may not know how to creat it effectively. Does it require additional knowledge other than brainwave frequency in order to creat effective preset?
2) What is the effect of multiple voices? Since you suggested playing 40Hz beta and 8hz alpha simultaneously? Hmm , this is unclear for me.

3) So... if I want my own superlearning preset. Can I just open any existing preset ... change its length to 30 mins, change the binaural beat line to straight line at 8Hz. Add new voice and change the binaural beat line at straight 40Hz. And finish.. Is this right? Sorry for this kind of question but I'm a kind of strange people who need strong clarification..

Hi Theerapun

1)Entrainment to a binaural beat is far more effective if it starts at normal wakefulness, because that is the brain state we are normally in before a session, and pulls us down gradually to a slower wave. If you made just a straight line at 8hz, it will still take time before you are entrained to that level, so you might as well accept this time period as a time for controlled entrainment, controlled by Bwgen as a sloping line over a 20 minute time period.(a gradual slowing of the brain waves to the level you want). A gradual pulling down of your brainwaves by a gradual sloping line might even be more effective and faster than if had a straight 8hz line.

So it is wise to start from 13hz whether you are going up or down, because this is generally normal wakefulness.

2)With multiple voices, set one binaural beat frequency to 8hz and the associated pitch to 100hz, then set the other binaural beat frequency to 40hz and the associated pitch to 200hz or higher. This setting of the different binaural beat frequencies to different pitches gives your brain something to grip onto, if both were the same pitches it would be difficult for your brain to distinguish between binaural beat frequencies, and is likely to thwart your effort to entrain your brain to either 40hz or 8hz instead of doing them together.

Your brain has multiple brainwaves beating through it at the same time, naturally, and these can be entrained with multiple voices with BWGEN.

3)Have no fear, create your own preset, in the menus at the top select new preset. Create two voices. Start the first voice at 13hz dropping down to 8hz over 20 minutes. Make the second voice also start at 8hz, but going up to 40hz over 20 minutes.

Play the preset and listen for 20 minutes, Bwgen will continue playing after 20 minutes, one voice is remaining at 8 the other at 40, as it shows on your monitor. Continue listening, the longer you listen the greater effect. Try listening to the whole preset for 40 minutes altogether.

Good luck,
Grant.

OP Offline

Thanks a lot !!!

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved