Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have been taking a Finance/Statistics class. Previously the material I have taken has been always based around the written word, and it has been a chance for my PR skills to shine. Now, I feel lost I pr and activate the material, but the application of the financial formulas has been as slow progress as it has always been with other math based subjects prior to pr. I am wanting some advice as to any method others have applied in this. Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks
Fritz

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You might try PhotoReading the book more often than books for reading. Include lots of backgroung reading material and PhotoRead them. Some of the shortcuts for other formulas can carry over and speed up your understanding of the ones you're dealing with. You don't need to activate those extra books unless you're drawn to one. That one might have the tips and techniques you need to make short work of what you have to deal with.

In other words all those maths books you didn't read when you went to school; PhotoRead them now. Any books that show you shortcuts to calculations; PhotoRead them.

If you have a chance to stand at a book shelf in the bookshop loaded with maths book, PhotoRead as many as you can that seem relevant.

Doing the formulas will still take time however understanding what you are doing is easier when you have more background information.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved