Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

I found an article, claiming that paul scheele did not develope the Photoreading, he just renamed Photographic memory to Photoreading! www.subdyn.com

Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading is not photographic memory. Paul Scheele developed the PhotoReading Whole mind system a that allows the average reader to learn to do what a few people were able to do naturally.

Alex

yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

aha

i went to check this website.how their technique is different from yours?according to me your technique is as good as theirs,but they stress a lot more about the importance of flipping pages very fast...they ven suggest the use of a tachicoscope?do you think it's important to buy it?how does it work?thanks!

yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

I think both methods are the same. A friend of mine has Subliminal Dynamics. You need to find trigger words for activation. they also use superreading for activation.

yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

I contacted them, they said, paul, his mother, and his sales manager attend their course to learn photographic memory techniques.

Paul did take a class from Subliminal Dynamics. He writes about it in the first chapter of the PhotoReading book, but he does not mention that company by name. Subliminal Dynamics did not invent the process of "mentally photographing" the printed page. They merely developed a course around it as did we.

the input process of the two systems where you "mentally photograph" the printed page are very similar.

The differences lie in:

--1) methods of teaching people to use and integrate the system, and
-- 2)"Activation" techniques. These activate information into the conscious mind so that you can more readily use the information.

Their course relies on spontaneous activation--"Keep at it and eventually it will happen." Unfortunately, that is not practical in today's information-based world.

There are others teaching reading that involves mentally photographing the page. Like I said in the first post. Paul developed a system that allows the average reader to learn what few people were able to do naturally.

There have been people using the technique of mentally photographing the page for hundreds of years. Only no one had a method to teach it where by you can become consciously aware of the information you "PhotoRead" in 1/3rd 1/5th or 1/10th the time it takes you to traditionally read.

As a matter of interest a number of courses out there that are spin offs from PhotoReading. That is neither PhotoReading nor Subliminal Dynamics are the only teaching mentally photographing the page. PhotoReading
easier to learn because Paul developed a protocol for teaching it. And more importantly a protocol for teaching others to teach it.

If as you say Subliminal Dynamics are now teaching pulling trigger words and activating using superreading. Their course has changed significantly since Paul and others I know took the course. It used to rely on spontaneous activation.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 17, 2005).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved