Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#46212 11/28/05 02:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
[B]No, don't cross your eyes, it is not the same as the imaginary X-technique. The imaginary X-technique; notice 4 corners, soft gaze, notice pattern of white on the page.

I don't know what's the big difference between the x technique and converging your eyes...as long as you see the blip is what's important right?

#46213 11/29/05 10:52 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

Seeing the blip is NOT important
Divergent gaze is what you use to see the imaginary X as well as the blip.

Convergent gaze is crossing your eyes it means you are still trying to see with your primary focus. With the soft gaze you are using more of your peripheral vision. The peripheral vision is what allows the mind to process the information preconsciously. With PhotoReading you are deliberately accessing your preconscious processor.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 29, 2005).]

#46214 11/30/05 10:03 PM

Do not converge your eyes. That means you are using cross eyed focus. A soft gaze is achieved by relaxing your focus. Noticing both pages of the book with the same focus one would use while driving to see what is happening out the sides while one is still looking straight ahead.

This is actually easier to achieve than going cross-eyed (convergent gaze). The problem with going cross eyed is you are still trying to use your primary focus and not your peripheral vision. You will not get the feeling of familarity if you are trying to see with primary focus. When you cross-view, the muscles inside your eye that control the focusing lens contract strongly and shorten.

PhotoReading requires a divergent gaze.

Using divergent gaze you are looking into the distant. Like the distant stare a daydreamer has and you can achieve the same results by switching your mind into the daydream state while PhotoReading. This means you are looking beyond the book.

To avoid the error of crossing your eyes use the imaginary X-Technique. Lightly soften your gaze by relaxing your eyes. Notice the pattern of white on the page. Don't worry about the blip page. It will show up when you have PhotoRead enough books.

If you want to know more about seeing 3D images check this link http://www.vision3d.com/3views.html

For PhotoReading we want the focal point to be beyond the book as in the first diagram for 3D viewing.

Alex

#46215 12/01/05 02:18 PM

Excuse me Alex K., I made a point about the difference of converging and using the x technique did you delete the message I typed yesterday? If you did I'd have to say that you're very ignorant to other truths. Converging your eyes allows you to soft focus and if you paid any attention to what I was trying to explain you'd see that there are other methods to accomplish the same soft focus. As I typed before you don't need the x technique either. All you need to do is focus on the center of the book and concentrate on the white space outside of the text. You only use the x on the four corners to visualize and widen your focus so you can see the blip in the center, other than that you really don't need to imagine any x. Once the blip appears the text blurs and that's what matters. The idea is allow only your sub-conscious to absorb the material and keep the ego from taking in anything. Which ever method anyone decides to use is up to them!

((Please don't delete this message))

Crumb!

#46216 12/01/05 02:34 PM

Crumb, what are you trying to prove?

Are you trying to go through the wall by banging your head against it? The best way go through a wall is to use a DOOR. i.e. the PR book.

BTW, your message was on another thread

#46217 12/01/05 02:39 PM

Sorry, I would like to make an apology to this room and to Alex K. I think he has a point the link which he posted indicates that there is a difference between divergent and cross viewing and that both allows you to see things slight differently. Nevertheless cross viewing is still a very powerful method for other practices. But, I guess it's not best favored for photoreading! I will learn to master Divergent focus since I have already mastered cross focus and apply it to my photoreading I would probably achieve greater success, well possibly!

Crumb

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 01, 2005).]

#46218 12/01/05 03:49 PM

Thanks repeatedly did the practices on that site, and I had to say it wasn't easy at first but I learned how to look through images (divergent viewing) to accomplish
3d-viewing. Now I not only know how to converge my focus I can actually look through images to gain soft focus. lol, no more headaches from crossing my eyes and I can soft focus with more ease. I am very happy that I can also look at those 3d-images right from the computer screen without having to print them out. I'll see if this will have a significant effect on my photoreading.

{{Crumb}}

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 01, 2005).]

#46219 12/01/05 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Crumbcake:
Excuse me Alex K., I made a point about the difference of converging and using the x technique did you delete the message I typed yesterday? If you did I'd have to say that you're very ignorant to other truths. Converging your eyes allows you to soft focus and if you paid any attention to what I was trying to explain you'd see that there are other methods to accomplish the same soft focus. As I typed before you don't need the x technique either. All you need to do is focus on the center of the book and concentrate on the white space outside of the text. You only use the x on the four corners to visualize and widen your focus so you can see the blip in the center, other than that you really don't need to imagine any x. Once the blip appears the text blurs and that's what matters. The idea is allow only your sub-conscious to absorb the material and keep the ego from taking in anything. Which ever method anyone decides to use is up to them!

((Please don't delete this message))

Crumb!

Crumb.

As I said in the email explaining why I deleted your post. I don't want people to use cross eyed viewing. It inhibits the access to the preconsious processor and makes activation miserable as if you haven't absorbed the information. You won't get the feeling of familarity with the text.

It's much easier just to slightly defocus the eyes and see both pages of the book with a relaxed gaze. It's bad enough we don't blink enough when we read on a computer screen due to squinting. It makes for sore dry eyes lets not add to eye strain by crossing the eyes. It doesn't even serve PhotoReading anyway

So folks Alex says, "Don't cross your eyes to PhotoRead. Now I won't say that your eyes will stay that way. However can you imagine how you would look flipping pages of a book upside down with your eye crossed in a book shop? Add the touch of concentration where you start sticking your tongue out. :P

If I can't convince you that crossing your eyes isn't PhotoReading I hope that image will make you think twice about straining your eyes

Alex

#46220 12/02/05 05:34 PM

Well, now I can do both divergent and cross...so it doesn't matter...it doesn't really hurt to know both any way...I have still yet to see if divergent eyes will make the bigger difference but I'll use it for now on...

Note: Alex K. if I ever get my activation working I'll give you a smooch!

}}Crumb{{

[This message has been edited by Crumbcake (edited December 02, 2005).]

#46221 12/03/05 06:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alex K. Viefhaus:
Seeing the blip is NOT important
Divergent gaze is what you use to see the imaginary X as well as the blip.

Convergent gaze is crossing your eyes it means you are still trying to see with your primary focus. With the soft gaze you are using more of your peripheral vision. The peripheral vision is what allows the mind to process the information preconsciously. With PhotoReading you are deliberately accessing your preconscious processor.

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited November 29, 2005).]

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved