Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,

I'm facing a problem with entering ALS. Just as I start the "3" part (of the 3-2-1 technique), I don't usually feal much of relaxation. And I don't also understand the "2" part.

I just want to know, what is exactly should I feel to know that I'm in the ALS?

And also, If I'm PRing several books, should I enter the ALS again and restate my purpose for each book?

thx

relax is easy,you don't need to "try",just relax lightly.feel all your muslce are fall asleep.
the "2" just focus on "now",just make you self focus on what you are doing.you can image you are in a timeline,and set yourself at the time "now".
If you PR several books,you can absoutely choose to restate your purpose for each book.But personally I will become tired of this.You can set a common purpose of them,for example "get the new information to apply to my life","get the interest of the book" and so on.Or you can classify the books into the different subject,then photoread as different subject,set one purpose for one subject.

OP Offline

thx daemon386

Isn't it necessary to reach that fealing u get after a Qigong session? I mean where all your body feals so energetic?

And about the purpose, is such a general purpose (as those two u mentioned) enough?

Thank u.

Learning Strategies Admin

Qigong is qigong. Accelerated Learning State is Accelerated Learning State. Don't go looking for one experience to be like another.

3 = body relaxed
2 = mind relaxed
1 = Accelerated Learning State

For a beginner it will take about 3 minutes to do. About 90 seconds to relax the body, 45 second the mind and 45 seconds to notice the state, then to affirm your intent and purpose.

Place tangerine, smile, and get into photofocus and begin PhotoReading.

I wrote an article about it on my blog. http://phoenixquest.blogspot.com/2005/09/ideal-state-for-learning-how-to-get.html

quote:
And about the purpose, is such a general purpose (as those two u mentioned) enough?

Depends on your purpose

Alex

[This message has been edited by Alex K. Viefhaus (edited December 04, 2005).]

OP Offline

thx Alex

Just to understand,
Body Relaxed = "Feel nothing" or "Feel something (special)"???
Mind Relaxed = "Think of nothing" or "Think of something (special)"???

thx again

I would just like to add that ALS is the state a person needs to be in to learn and retain information with the least amount of effort. Remember back to all the times in your life when you felt totally comfortable and stress-free. You felt like the world revolved around you and you where in total control. These mostly happened when you were a little child.

The ALS helps put you into that state by offering 3 steps. It has to be done this way because we have actually forgotten how to get there by ourselves.

Children who are very young that haven't yet allowed themselves to be dominated by other people are always in this state. If something bad happens to them, they cry a little then move onto the next thing in their lives. They haven't let things weigh them down. They don't have excess baggage which they continually refer back to and beat themselves up with. And please note that little kids do believe the world revolves around them.

SO the ALS is a state in which you are totally comfortable and are able to exist in a moment of time without you going into your memory and digging things up so you can beat yourself up, making it impossible to learn anything.

A paradoxical state of existence we feel compelled to exist in.

ALS, A STATE WHEREBY THE WORLD REVOLVES AROUND YOU.

[This message has been edited by JoeBlogs (edited December 09, 2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by cipherion:
thx Alex

Just to understand,
Body Relaxed = "Feel nothing" or "Feel something (special)"???

Feel the body relaxed. This can be like soaking in a warm relaxing bath. Release any tension. As I've said on another post. If you feel like you're being chased by a mad woman with a stick then you're not relaxed. There are tense muscles that need to be loosened.

It's not a special feeling you usually feel that way when you wake up refreshed after a good night sleep. This physical relaxation can draw you to sleep so do it sitting up. Most people wake up before falling off a chair if they do happen to become too relaxed

quote:
Mind Relaxed = "Think of nothing" or "Think of something (special)"???

All your thoughts are in the present. Not thinking about the past or future. So you mind is usually thinking about begin relaxed.
Again nothing speical about it. Other than an absence of worry about the future or negative feelings about the past. You are there many times in the day when you are not worried or frustrated about something.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved