Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#46313 12/14/05 06:35 AM
juanma Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello at all,

After reading this: http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/004814.html

I'm a little bit upset. I'm starting with this method and now, I'm lost.

please, if anyone (that not belong to Learning Strategies Corporation ) has sucess with this metod or after long time it is not works, send me your opinion.

thanks a millions

Photoreading does work. I do not work for LSC. The major difficulty people have, in my opinion and experience, with learning photoreading is they don't do all of the steps in the system and expect the same results as "experienced" photoreaders. You will only cut off 1/3 of the time to start. After 50 books you will start flowing with it. I will tell you that I practiced and bought everything I could within reason to learn it, but it will not teach me how to things instantly. It is faster, but not instant. It took me a year or so to feel it working regulary. It really works when I follow the steps in detail. Some of the steps can be confusing at times so ask questions here for that. Oh, there are always naysayers agaist anything that is new different or better etc. Just ignore them. Read the Archives they are full of good stuff.

Fritz

Learning Strategies Admin

If that were valid research PhotoReading would be gone. It is still here because the methods were investigated by the Minnesota Department of Education and a license was issued in May 1986.

Aside from the problem that that so called research is invalidated because the researcher was the trainee. That problem alone creates a conflict of interest.

The real glaring error in that research is it is investigating "reading at 25,000 wpm".

You do not read at 25,000 wpm. You PhotoRead at 25,000.

Based on that the research is not reseach.

Alex

juanma Offline OP
OP Offline

thanks for your replies.

Photoreading must go on!!!!!!

regards from Spain

Hello,
Photoreading does work, I would not use for school if it did not work.

New lerners confuse between PR and remembering. They are not the same. Once you get this concept , things will change !

You should explain that differences.

After much practice, I have not found PR to work any more effectively than more traditional forms of speedreading. Your mileage may vary.

You can't "test" photoreading on material you do not "need" to read and get good results.

The subconscious mind is not material, it's energy. Energy is electric in nature and in order for the physical body to process it (the conscious mind is the body [brain] and the subconscious mind is the energy body), a connection has to be made. That connection is INTENT. Intent is EMOTIONAL. You have to be emotionally drawn to the information in the subconscious mind in order to access it.

Tony Robbins proved this in the 80's so why are people in the year 2006 still oblivious to it?

If you photoread a book about a subject that you love, you are emotionally charged and picking bits and pieces of information out of your subconscious mind is effortless, it flows. That is a possitive, light side example.

A negative, dark side example is if you're in college and you're photoreading something you need to understand in order to pass a test. In this case, anxiety and despair are the emotions that are driving the intent (not love) BUT it still works. You have to get it done, you need to get it done. As Tony Robbins put it, you have leverage on yourself. In this case it's a negative emotion that's driving you to access the information stored in your subconscious energy body. If you NEED to get something, you'll get it. If you don't really have the need, forget it.

What doesn't work at all is if you feel indifferent toward the information. The information is still downloaded into your subconscious via the PR step but when you go and activate it, nothing happens. Why? There is no emotion that can connect the conscious mind to the subconscious mind. You can say you have intent or you can say you have leverage, but if you don't FEEL it, it can't work. It can't work because you can't fake feelings. You can say the words, you can go through the motions, but if you don't really have feelings toward it, it's not going to work.

I failed to get photoreading to work for over 3 years and nothing that was said on this forum helped me because I didn't understand this. I think those that did get it to work were probably alot smarter than I was and figured this out on their own and stuck with information they needed to use for something instead of doing what I did which was try to test if for myself on random books to prove it to myself. I failed at it because it doesn't work that way. If I'm not mistaken, some other people that naturally got it to work right away were probably college students driven by the NEED to understand material for classes, even if they didn't particularly like it. Both negative and positive emotions will get it to work but that middle ground- neutral feelings ("I'll test this")- won't work.

I can't really prove what I'm saying either about the information being stored in your energy body and not your brain other than saying that if it were stored in your brain you'd be able to get it just by thinking about it. If you consciously read something you put it in your brain and by repeating it over and over you create a literal memory. The PR step doesn't do that, obviously. It throws the information in the same place you have every memory and experience you've ever had- the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind is a higher frequency field that the body is attached to but is not IN the body. In order to access it you have to vibrate YOURSELF to IT'S frequency, and that is almost always the same frequency that you were in when you had the experience and created the memory in the first place but it's specific and like a snow flake, no two memories are alike so it's HARD to find them once they're in the subconscious mind.

Not only that but everytime you fall asleep you reorganize these memories and the information gets filed with like files (that already exist) and the original emotions that connected the original experiences sometimes get separated from each other. This happens because the experiences we have in life cause our values to change. Things that used to anger us, we've learned to deal with so all of the angry memories we've ever had would get shuttled around our subconscious minds out of "angry" files and into other related files they belong in. This makes memories harder and harder to find as we age.

The quick way to find them (memories in the subconscious) is with emotionally charged intent. The slow way to find them is with hypnosis. With hypnosis you can dig through the files of your subconscious mind using associations only, without the emotions or intent, but who want's to pay a hypnotist $50 an hour to do this everytime you want to remember something?

Knowing this, do you still want to Photoread as your main way of reading? Why not? Once you get good it's pretty fast but if you don't know the trick, which now you do, it won't work.

These "researchers" only know about the conscious mind, they can't possibly even test a subconscious way of reading. Forget them.

You need a purpose for reading if you haven't got a purpose you may as well be doing something else. You're not going to get as much out of the book by any means traditional or otherwise. If you've ever flunked on a teSt even though you've read the book. You lacked a purpose for reading.

Not all college students get that NEED to know. That's why so many are capable of failing.

The NEED to know is a result of a purpose. Fear doesn't guarantee that the student is consciously understanding the right required information. It will motivate a student to study long and hard for a time. Usually to get into the college. Thereafter the struggle begins.

Alex

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved