Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#46398 12/23/05 05:45 PM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

I am a newbie in photoreading, I think I can activate, but I need to go through the book over and over. I think if I read the book using speed reading, I can do the job much faster.
Is this the same process for all photoreaders? Do you need to go through a text over and over? or you will get what you want it your first pass?

#46399 12/23/05 09:34 PM

Yas1891; Where is your purpose? Activation doesn't work when you don't have a purpose. You must have a purpose for activation to work. Speedreading is simply moving your eyeballs through the page rapidly. You do not have the other than conscious mind working with speedreading with photoreading you have both the other than conscious mind and conscious mind working together. I believe Alex may have mentioned something similar to what i said on a previous post.

What you asked about getting everything on your pass is the old, ineffective, inefficent way of reading i must get everything on the very first pass and i must have it all now. Very ineffective.

Layers it is all about layers. The mind and brain work best with layers. You get one layer when you preview another layer when you photoread another layer when you activate with superread and dip skittering, rapid read and mindmapping.You are better off with spending 20 minutes with a book take a 5 minute break do another 20 minutes take another 5 minute break and do another 20 minutes and 5 minute break instead of trying to do all 60 minutes all at the same time with no breaks. The mind works better with having a beginning a middle and a ending.

If you want tell us what type of books you are trying to activate so we can help you.
Photoread4me

#46400 12/24/05 12:17 AM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for your response.
The book I am reading is: People Skills by Robert Bolton. My purpose was to read this book and learn how to handle difficult ppl. I pulled out 30 triger word, did the mind map and photoread the book based on the 5 days plan. On the forth day, I started the activation process, I went through the book 5 times. But the book didnt come together. I can only remember what I dipped (the same as normal reading) no more. Is it the same for an experieced photoreader? or you just activate it with super reading?

#46401 12/24/05 01:25 AM

Hi; when you pulled out 30 trigger words did you write questions for the trigger words?
Photoread4me

#46402 12/24/05 04:56 AM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Yes I did, I even tried to mindmap them to find any relation between them. I think I am doing all of the steps one by one, but nothing yet. If one needs to go through a book over and over whats the point of photoreading? I am sorry, no offese but I dont get it.

#46403 12/24/05 02:03 PM
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by yas1891:
My purpose was to read this book and learn how to handle difficult ppl.

That doesn't really work as a purpose

How can you tell? Well, how will you know, when you know, what you want to know?

If you don't know when, where, how or why you need to know. Or even who you are going to tell about it or what. You don't have a purpose.

I'm going to learn how to handle difficult people so I can... example handle my boss (who) better during meeting (when) in his office (where)

So the activation isn't working because your purpose is passive. It doesn't help you in letting you know when you are done because you have not got an expected out come.

Alex

#46404 12/24/05 05:26 PM
yas1891 Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, I have my very strong reason to know how to handle difficult people. I have to deal with an unreasonable indian guy every weekday. Is this enough?

#46405 12/24/05 10:34 PM

yas1891; tell me what you think of this as a purpose. My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people. So what are the obstacles or roadblocks that stop the resolution of a problem. Is it lack of communication? Is it the person feels that the organization they are dealing with does not care whether their problem is resolved or not.

Does this help you? Do you see how i am getting very specific. I am wanting to know what causes these problems why the difficult person is feeling the way they do and what steps can i take to fix the problem so the difficult person understands that i really care about their problem and i want to come to a resolution to the problem.

Earlier in the post i had mentioned where is your purpose and Alex felt your purpose was very weak and let me share with you yas1891 as i shared before activation will not work without a purpose. You got to have a purpose. I have seen it time and time again where people are having problems with activation they photoread a book do not have a purpose and they do not understand why they are having problems activating.

I think my example of a purpose will help you. Also try this ask where are examples in the book that show a person coming to a solution with a difficult person. What happened during that situation? Did the person not interrupt the upset person? Did the upset person feel that the person working on the problem really cared about whether the problem was fixed or not? I think i have given you a lot to work with.Let me know what you think?
Photoread4me

#46406 12/24/05 10:56 PM

"Well, I have my very strong reason to know how to handle difficult people. I have to deal with an unreasonable indian guy every weekday. Is this enough?". No you are not telling your mind what you want. Just telling your mind that you have a strong reason that is not telling your mind what you want to get from the book. I like the example of a purpose i gave you better because it is giving you specifics.

I might change my example of a purpose to this; What processes are occuring and what is happening when a person comes to a resolution with a difficult person. Let me know what you think.
Photoread4me

#46407 12/25/05 02:17 AM

Err, photoread4me you're offering nice suggestions for mind probing questions however I don't find

" My purpose is to learn the techniques and principles of resolving problems with difficult people. "

Is still not a clear purpose. It lacks the "So I Can..."

yas1891 has actually got a very good hidden purpose reach a specific goal. To handle, learn to live with, to survive certain behaviours of, someone, who to them is unreasonable and they have no other option than to be around them.

So a purpose statement can be

I am reading this book on "People Skills by Robert Bolton" so I can learn specific ways to so survive my weekdays with this problem person.

The second suggestion is a question (not a purpose) "What processes are occuring and what is happening when a person comes to a resolution with a difficult person"...? Great for mind probing and a good place to start activation when you've recognised the purpose; So yas1891 (I) can find ways of handling, surviving, communicating with, etc, this difficult person.

Alex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved