Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi,

Paul said to chant while PRing,

Re-lax, 4-3-2-1
Keep-the-state.....

Which state exactly does he meen?
Is it the ALS or the PhotoFocus? Or both?

And is it necessary to keep the ALS while PRing?

thx

I think he means the accelerated learning state and you definitely want to be in that state for photoreading. You want to be in the best optimal state when photoreading.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin

The chant is simply to give your conscious mind something to do while PhotoReading. It helps you maintain photofocus and a steady rhythm while turning the pages.

The "state" that the chant refers to is "relaxed"

It's impossible to keep the Accelerated Learning State during PhotoReading. The brainwaves are different during PhotoReading.

The Accelerated Learning State is for self instruction. Being in the best frame of mind for learning and a great lead in to the PhotoReading state.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanx to u both,

Alex, is that ALS some kind of a hypnotic trans or so?

OP Offline

I have one more question:

Can that "self instructioning" be postponed to some time later? I mean can I just PhotoRead, and give my OTC mind the instructions like: "Every thing I *have photoread* will be available..." or "I'm looking for the information that will help me to ... in the material that I *have PhotoRead*"?

You enter the Accelerated Learning State to make the self instructions and affirmation of purpose statements before PhotoReading to help lower some of your defences. If you don't feel relaxed then you have all the more reason to take the time to enter the Accelerated Learning State. The lack of being able to focus on the book is going to make it difficult to take in the information.

So no. You cannot say them later and expect it to work because you haven't done it for the very reason you need to do it. To lower some of the resistance you have to PhotoReading so you can get the information in and then later get the information out.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved