Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46505 01/03/06 08:52 AM
OP Offline

Yas1891; i am sending this post because i have tried 3 times to respond on a existing post and it is not responding.

Yas1891;

"1- How to approach a difficult person.
2- How to stop him.
3- Precautions for the future with similar case.
4- How to react to these kind of ppl."

Are you telling me that you used the purpose Alex suggested and that it took you 10 hours to superread and dip to find the answers to those questions you gave us.
There is no way you can tell me that it took 10 hours to do that. When you superread it should take you about 4 to 5 seconds a page. If you are superreading and spending 4 to 5 seconds a page that is not going to take you 10 hours to do that. Not even if you dipped 30 to 50 times.

I have my doubts about whether you are doing the superread and dip process correctly based on the information you gave us that you spent 10 hours with the book.
There is the possibility that you are just regular reading and not superreading.

How long does it take you to superread one page?
Photoread4me

OP Offline

Yas1891; i need to add this information to the post. I would say that the maximum time you should be spending on superreading a page is 15 seconds. 4 to 5 seconds superreading a page is better but the most time you should be spending on superreading a page would be 15 seconds.

I am not saying spend 15 seconds superreading a page i am saying go for 5 seconds a page but the absolute most you would spend on superreading a page would be 15 seconds.

I think when people are having difficulty with the Photoreading system is that often they are not doing the processes correctly.Post us again and tell us how much time it takes you to superread a page.
Photoread4me

SuperReading takes only 5-6 sec.
I can answer to those questions simply by refering to the table of contents as alex did. Consider you want to photoread a book with 50 questions in mind, do you need to go through the book 50 times?

P.S. I want to learn photoreading and I am sure its something very useful for me.

OP Offline

"SuperReading takes only 5-6 sec."
If that is the case why did you need to spend 10 hours on the book?

"I can answer to those questions simply by refering to the table of contents as alex did."

Then everybody going to school and college only has to look at the table of contents and that's it they are done? I don't think so, learning comes in layers.

"Consider you want to photoread a book with 50 questions in mind, do you need to go through the book 50 times?"

Apply the 80/20 rule. 20 percent of that book contains the crux of the book. Spend 80
percent of your time on the most important information not the fluff of the book.

"P.S. I want to learn photoreading and I am sure its something very useful for me."

That's great but i want to know why it was necessary for you to spend 10 hours on the book if you were superreading 5 to 6 seconds a page.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by photoread4me:
Yas1891; i need to add this information to the post. I would say that the maximum time you should be spending on superreading a page is 15 seconds. 4 to 5 seconds superreading a page is better but the most time you should be spending on superreading a page would be 15 seconds.

I am not saying spend 15 seconds superreading a page i am saying go for 5 seconds a page but the absolute most you would spend on superreading a page would be 15 seconds.

The beginner should aim for 16 to 30 seconds per page superreading and dipping any faster than that in the beginning is overwhelming.

A proficient PhotoRead will often spend between 4 to 20 seconds a page with Superread and dip.

You want to be able to consciously notice your signals if you're going too fast for them in the beginning you'll miss the cues.

People who have difficulty with PhotoReading have more difficulty because of a lack of real purpose. It causes them to bomb on forming real mind probing questions from the trigger words.

Whether or not yas1891 spent 10-hours activating or reading the book does not matter anymore. It's time to move on to another book. If you haven't got what you need from the book in 10 hours you're not going to get it any time soon anyway. Chances are your purpose and the book didn't match Even though the title seemed to match.

In the era where all books looked pretty much the same on the outside (leather bound gold etched print) They had a saying. Never Judge a book by it's cover. Meaning the title doesn't tell you what the book is really about. This is even more true today. So give yourself a break. If you're not finding the answer through Superread and dip then rapid read. Learn from the experience and Move On.

Alex

OP Offline

I stand corrected.
Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved