Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Can anyone tell me what are the differences between SuperReading/Dipping and Skittering? I mean the difference from the purpose, efficiency and preference?

Super read
purpose: specific info.
efficiency: high
preference: manuals, self-help, non-fictional books.

Skitter
purpose: whole idea and more info.
efficiency: lower that super read
preference: text books

SuperRead: I haven't tried this before, but i assume that in use when you juz need a specific part of the info in the bk.

Skittering: Thats an excellent skill when you want to get remember the whole idea and have maximum comprehension. When combined with Rapid read and mind mapping, it forms a powerful studying tool.
Actual use:
1.PR the books for reading.
2.incubate
3.probe
4.preview activation: do the preview step as a part of activation. This helps to gel in the structure
5.skitter, don't worry comprehension and about 5 to 6 sessions(20min,5min break in between) in 1~2 days you will find yourself super familiar with the material.
Hope this helps,
Rudolf

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Superreading is faster and preferred by those who can. It works well on most text. Yet often fails on technical text with that was poorly written. This is often the case for technical information and reports.

Skittering comes to the rescue. It is also preferred by some people over Superreading. They want just that little more than you get from Superreading.

Many PhotoReaders will find occasions when they are using both techniques in the same book during the same activation session.

Skittering is about 800 to 1200 wpm whereas Superreading is 1600 to 3000 or more wpm

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved