Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Jusin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello. I sent there questions to LSC, but there was no reply until now. So I decided to post them here.

I learned photoreading here in Korea, and I came up with some questions.

I want to know whether Photoreading is effective in reading foreign language materials. I mean, I'm a Korean and I am not as familiar in reading English as in reading Korean materials. Will it work for me?

Also, I want to know what purpose I should have when I read books just to know what's in the book. Since I am a student, I usually read for nearly all the contents of a book or a material. Is it ok to set a general purpose?

Another question is in reading fictions. In reading fictions for school work, do I have to apply all the steps in Photoreading?

Finally, I want to know how to apply photoreading to SAT Critical reading section. I heard only practicing a lot of reading helps get a good grade on SAT reading section. Does this mean Photoreading cannot be useful in scoring well on SAT? Also, when I run into an SAT critical reading passage, should I photoread it?

I'm not sure whether I made myself clear. Please reply considering the fact that I am a high school student. Thank you very much.

If you aren't very confident in your english skills, try photoreading the dictionary and grammar books (for the writing section) frequently. The SATs are given a month apart here in the U.S., i'm not sure how it works in Korea, but keep up photoreading your SAT prep materials in between. If you are having trouble with vocab, you can also try the princeton review vocab prep books. they have ones with cartoons and everything to help you remember.

On the actual SAT test, i didn't photoread the critical reading section. i read them through in the 'flow' state, and i found that i remembered more details and didn't have to go back to search for the answers as much. i always had leftover time at the end to go back and check my answers. This method also worked really well on SAT2 literature exam.

don't worry--i'm sure you'll do fine! once junior year is over you'll look back and see that its not so bad. i just hope photoreading will help get me out of senioritis.

This a link I found a few months ago about learning a language by photoreading. Note the commentator.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Archives/Archive-000003/HTML/20001201-8-000008.html

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved