Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46653 02/01/06 08:37 AM
OP Offline

Hi folks,

I got the Natural Brilliance book a while back and read about Photoreading. Then I got the Photoreading book from a friend and have been practising a lot for three months.

I have started to photofocus naturally and 'see' diagrams and stuff just before dropping off to sleep. It's quite exciting. Part of me is excited, and part of me doubtful.

Trouble is, no-one around me believes in this stuff and I feel I need to 'prove' the technique by making some real progress in order to feel stable and confident in myself. Part of me still believes it is not true, and my family are very skeptical. I don't know anybody around me who really understands or believes it can work.

Part of the problem is that I have been diagnosed with a mental illness which makes me prone to delusional beliefs!! So you can imagine my mother's response when I told her about 'reading both pages at once'... The illness has largely gone away, but I have a poor record of believing in questionable organisations (usually big, American corporations after your money....)

I am after some comfort and reassurance really. I can't afford the photoreading kit because I am not the breadwinner and that kind of money is out of the question unless I can justify it to the people around me. Without proof it is difficult.

Has anyone got some really great but down-to-earth and realistic stories to share to keep my spritis up?

I am studying my next Open University course using a combination of reading styles, mainly photoreading and super reading, but I don't want to jeapordise my degree by using some 'far-fetched fad'. What if the system doesn't work? What if my inner mind doesn't come good in time?

Thanks for your encouragement

Ed

Hi,

I can personally assure you that PhotoReading WORKS.

You can see my own example of success here : http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum8/HTML/005532.html

Cheers,
Rudolf

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

You'll find there are many people who learned to PhotoRead just using the book and the forum to get them over the hurdle.

How are you going with the 5-day test? Page 76 of the book. If you want to learn on your own that's one of the easier ways to do it.

For the folks who want to know the secret that fuels the system into working on any book fastest.

Ask.

"What is my purpose for reading this book? What information do I need from this book to reach my goal of..."

If you can't answer that question, dump the book. It's going to take ages to get anything out of it. You'll be traditionally reading it and about a week after you've read it if someone asks you about the book your answer will be "I don't know ", for 90% of the questions. No purpose = no results.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved