Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46865 03/15/06 12:03 AM
in2it Offline OP
OP Offline

I have listened to alot of audio books in the past but don't remember alot of the material. Just wondring if anyone knows if its possible to activate for audio material?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

To activate means to make it active. If you want more out of audio books you need to get active while listening. I recommend making notes or mind mapping. Using the hand while listening triggers a better memory.

On the whole you will only remember about 30% of what is said during a lecture or recording. So be selective. If you hear something that you want to put into action. Put it into action. The follow through will help more of what you heard become yours.

Alex

What I'll say is irrelevant to your question but it's an interesting observation.

I've noticed that when I listen to a spoken audio tape (not music, but personal development stuff, seminars, etc.) I am able, even years later, to recollect where I was when I first listened to that tape (e.g. in the bus just before arriving home, etc.) I wonder if that could be useful somehow? Probably not. It probably indicates that when I learn new and exciting stuff my brain absorbs not only the matterial I'm listening to but alot more information.

[This message has been edited by harry_d7 (edited March 15, 2006).]

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved