Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#46868 03/15/06 03:54 PM
OP Offline

If i follow the steps like prepare preview but then jump to the activation step without photoread the whole book Is it a good idea ? I think I probably can absorb some information from the book cause i have a clear purpose and look for what I need to know about . well ...maybe can anyone give me some advice?

#46869 03/19/06 06:38 AM

No, do NOT skip the PhotoReading step - why else do you think Paul called the book "Photoreading" and not "The Activation book"? The PhotoReading step is THE fundamental step in the whole system. Your mind absorbs all of the information in the book, related to your purpose, when you are PhotoReading. If you skip the PhotoReading step, you throw away all of the advantages that PhotoReading offers. You'll have to spend a lot more time to absorb the information in the books you read, and that was not the intent of the PhotoReading whole mind system; it is designed to grasp the material in 1/3rd or less of your normal reading time.

So take the time and PhotoRead the book(s), it only takes a couple of minutes to do and it saves you HOURS of regularly reading a book.

#46870 03/18/06 10:40 PM

TomV is correct. When you photoread you are exposing the information from the book to the other than conscious mind which is far more powerful than the conscious mind.

It is stated in the photoreading book that the other than conscious mind outweighs the conscious mind ten billion to one.

Think about that. 10 billion to one.

By photoreading you will have the information from the book working on 2 levels. You will have the book operating on the other than conscious level and the conscious level.

Now why in the world would you want to take that away with all the benefits it offers and not use it?
Photoread4me

#46871 03/20/06 03:29 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

The PhotoReading step takes 2 to 6 minutes for the average book and can slice your activation time down to 1/10th of the time it takes for traditional reading.

The PhotoReading step also takes advantage of using your long term memory rather than just the short term memory of traditional and speed reading. If you skip the PhotoReading step you may think you're getting it all and haven't got the internal cues to let you know you might be missing something. As well if the information is for subject relating to exams you better be doing a lot more reviews to make sure the information goes into your long term memory.

Alex

#46872 04/03/06 01:33 PM

What I don't get is if the eyes are not physically /optically focussed on the printed words and letters, what is the unconscious mind going to take in? Surely the information has to be decoded - ?

#46873 04/04/06 06:20 PM

Regarding the question:

What I don't get is if the eyes are not physically /optically focussed on the printed words and letters, what is the unconscious mind going to take in? Surely the information has to be decoded - ?

Reply: The material is being decoded by an alternative pathway created by the rods (peripheral monochromatic vision receptors) of the eye, rather than the central fovea ( cones-centralized color vision receptors). The rods of the eye are gathering the full message of the printed page! This is what is known as your peripheral vision. The peripheral vision actually feeds the material into more powerful and deeper pathways than traditional central fovea vision. This is why PR is more powerful than traditional reading.

I am a martial artist and I am able to respond to situations much better when I use SAN GAZE ( peripheral vision identical to photofocus). I know for a fact that I observe and calculate space, distance, and minute details many times better in SAN GAZE than using traditional observation methods. It is the same when reading textbooks. The OTC (other than conscious) mind is quite strong. There is much research on the power of subliminal observations, you would benefit from researching.

Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by raleigh199 (edited April 04, 2006).]

#46874 04/05/06 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ColinNewman:

Just like everything has to be decoded by the brain what the eyes pick up. The eyes don't think the brain does. It's the brain that focuses one way or the other the eyes like a camera uses all it's receptors and picks up everything. Just as it always has.

Alex

#46875 04/26/06 04:45 PM
OP Offline

I dont get it either .if u see the words and sentences in blur and unclearly how do brain absorb the information ?

#46876 04/27/06 09:41 AM

It's all blurred your eyes don't even see as much as you think you see. It's all assembled by the brain.

Even blurred you recognise shapes.

It you want to get technical it's all "blurred" because it's all constantly moving wave forms.

Have you ever recognised a friend out of the corner of your eye? The data the brain was presenting was blurred until you turn to focus on it with the fovea.

Let go of trying to read with the conscious mind. The non-conscious mind uses the information in the peripheral focus. You're used to telling yourself it's blurred or not even noticing that there is more you are looking at than you are seeing.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved