Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#46894 03/24/06 01:10 PM
OP Offline

I have been a member of this list for a long time ...

from beginning I thought I have understood photoreading and attempt to practise photoreading and got the flip, and got weird dreaming in 1998/99 ... then gave up ...

try again last year but i cannot recall any information after the books, i thought i have done the right step but confused why I have not comprehen information

but now i look at myself i realise i might have done something wrong somewhere ...

I am confused about mind probing ... you ask questions ... then you open the book, should you look at every page? what happen if you feel nothing when read the pages? how much time do you need to look at one page, or should you flip each page as quick as you can after photoreading?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

John.

#46895 03/25/06 07:30 AM

John; I think the reason you were having problems and not being able to recall anything is because you did not have a purpose.

Activation will not work without a purpose.

"try again last year but i cannot recall any information after the books, i thought i have done the right step but confused why I have not comprehen information"

You will not recall information after photoreading the way you would recall information with conventional reading.

Remember Paul Scheele states in the photoreading book after photoreading you will have little if any conscious memory of what you just photoread.

This is why your purpose is so important to successful activation. If you have no idea of what you want from a book you are just wasting your time. You have to have a purpose, a goal of what you want.

Two things pretty important to your purpose are Why? Why do i need this information and so that i can do. So that you can do what? Answer these 2 questions Why and so that i can do and you are well on your way to having a purpose.
Photoread4me

#46896 03/25/06 08:10 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Try Mind mapping as part of your activation. It will help to build a better long term memory.

I really recommend all beginners take the time to mind map more of their first few books. It trains the mind to actively look for information and link it in a memorable way.

There is nothing wrong with your memory. After learning anything if you haven't made notes you will forget 60% within 24 hours. 80% within 48 hours. Unless you do a review.

If you want to keep a good memory of what you have learned and reduce pre exam cramming and revision. Review your notes daily the first week after creating them. Then review once a week for 4 weeks and then once a month for 6 months.

That way you will have a 70 to 80% recall.

Alex

#46897 03/25/06 08:47 AM
OP Offline

Thank for the reply.

How many minutes for the activation? How long should I do the mind map for the whole book / chapter?

How many passes do I need to do mind probing before i start to do mind map?

How long should I do the mind-probabing?

skittering - I am confused what it involve?

#46898 03/25/06 09:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whiteeagle:
Thank for the reply.

How many minutes for the activation?

Blocks of 20 minutes is good.

quote:
How long should I do the mind map for the whole book / chapter?

Depends on your purpose, build in layers.

quote:
How many passes do I need to do mind probing before i start to do mind map?

Again your purpose is your guide.

quote:
How long should I do the mind-probabing?

when you have one question you have enough reason to find an answer and start activating. Mind probing is natural. when you happen to think about the book if you're letting it incubate over night, or 2 or 3 minutes before you begin activation to decide what question you want answered first.

quote:
skittering - I am confused what it involve?

Page 64-65 of the PhotoReading book explains skittering in detail.

Alex

#46899 03/25/06 10:41 AM
OP Offline

I still are confused about skitting in the book.

what happen if I have many questions after look at trigger words .. for example I dont know what many words means ......like I dont know what imitation means etc.....

you said one question is enough for mind probing ..... but if you got too many questions you want it to be answered what happen?

#46900 03/25/06 10:50 AM

Answer one at a time.

If you don't know the meaning of a lot of words PhotoRead the glossary or the dictionary.

Alex

#46901 03/27/06 09:41 PM
OP Offline

Thank you for the email

I amconfused about super reading and dipping ....

Do I have to read each line, or every two line, or every paragraph, or every page before I dip?

IS it "dip" where I got the gut feeling that that information might be found?

Sorry I am still confused.

#46902 03/28/06 12:59 PM

To dip is to read. Superreading is trusting your gut as you run your eye down the middle of the page watching for cues where to dip.

It's like being on a treasure hunt you're looking for an article in a room. You pick things up and drop them as soon as you decide if is or is not what you are looking for (the answer to your question.)

Alex

#46903 03/28/06 09:18 PM
OP Offline

and skittering is?

whathappen if i have lots of gut feeling almost every 2 or 3 pages relating to my purpose of the questions

it happens to me relating to the textbook of human rights law.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved