Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I picked a book at the University Library.

Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande

1. Why do I want to photoread this book? I am already a writer, but I would like to know what would make a writer?What would make it a good writer? Do this book have information how to write on a Novel?

Purpose: 1. What make a great Writer?
2. Picking up tips to make more creative for writing?
3. Helping my problems procestion (delay things) - anything from unconciousness?
4. improve my confidence to write anything
5. What Writer really means?

When I open the book I notice that I felt nervous to open the book, scared. The thoughts what should I choose trigger words? Should I listen to Photoread book that I should follow their steps, or should I modify the way it work, to suit me?

I picked the trigger words that interest me from the context and index page:-

Difficulty to write
4 elements of writers
Temperament
False and Real Artists
Duplicity
Severest Critic
Writing on Schedude
Imitation
Writers's Recretion
Writer Magic
Source of Originality
Practice storytelling
The Third Person
Genius
Habits
Difficulties
Character development
Blocks
Recapitulation

This is the first part of photoreading ... I will now photoread the book, then leave 30 to 60 minutes, before I can activate through mind probing (ask questions?)

Any advice would be great.

Hi Whiteeagle; My purpose is to read
"Becoming a writer" so that i can learn how to write a good book.
Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin

quote:
Originally posted by whiteeagle:
I picked a book at the University Library.

Becoming a Writer by Dorothea Brande

1. Why do I want to photoread this book? I am already a writer, but I would like to know what would make a writer?What would make it a good writer? Do this book have information how to write on a Novel?

Purpose: 1. What make a great Writer?
2. Picking up tips to make more creative for writing?
3. Helping my problems procestion (delay things) - anything from unconciousness?
4. improve my confidence to write anything
5. What Writer really means?

You're purpose lacks the "so I can..."

What will you do with the information once you get it?

quote:
When I open the book I notice that I felt nervous to open the book, scared. The thoughts what should I choose trigger words?

Cool for noticing. You know why the author put so many words into the book? so you can connect with the ones that have the most relevance to you. Any word that has meaning from the book is the "RIGHT" word. No mistakes

quote:

Should I listen to Photoread book that I should follow their steps, or should I modify the way it work, to suit me?

Follow the book.. Like the 5 day test on page 76 of the book. That's how you approach PhotoReading and activating any books in general. Just the number of activation passes increases or decreases according to your purpose.

quote:
I picked the trigger words that interest me from the context and index page:-

Difficulty to write
4 elements of writers
Temperament
False and Real Artists
Duplicity
Severest Critic
Writing on Schedude
Imitation
Writers's Recretion
Writer Magic
Source of Originality
Practice storytelling
The Third Person
Genius
Habits
Difficulties
Character development
Blocks
Recapitulation

Okay yet there are so many other words in the pages in between that you might have liked better.

quote:

This is the first part of photoreading ... I will now photoread the book, then leave 30 to 60 minutes, before I can activate through mind probing (ask questions?)

Consider doing a postview.

Good way to get started in asking questions.. about 8 minutes postview since you have already done a preview.

Alex

OP Offline

what do i going to do with the information ..... i was hoping to write a novel.

I am confused about postview ..... is the postview asking questions that I want it be answered.

What is the difference between postview and mind probing?

Postview is like preview only you do it after PhotoReading instead of before. You can pull trigger words and write down questions that come to mind for when you want to activate. Notice which parts of the book interest you and where you would like to begin activation. What areas look like good places to start.

A book is like visiting a smorgasbord without your mother. You can start with the deserts first

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved