Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Welding Engineer; Hi; i have sent a reply to you but got no response so i sent you another email. Thank you.
Photoread4me

Yes, I do have a very active life that is not on tied to the computer, I cannot freely answer emails at a drop of a hat. I do have a life beyond the net ... Wife, Children, Family, Job (I work for someone else), My company (a start-up Firm), College class that I teach, Civil organization .... The employment of Photoreading is a necessity.

I suggest that you repost your questions on these forums for the benefit of all. You will get more and better opinions. These forums work if the questions and answers are kept available for the benefit of all.

[This message has been edited by WeldingEngineer (edited March 27, 2006).]

OP Offline

Welding Engineer;

" I cannot freely answer emails at a drop of a hat."

I never had the expectation that you would answer a email at the drop of a hat. In fact i waited for days. But that is ok i will never ask for assistance from you again.

"I do have a life beyond the net ... Wife, Children, Family, Job (I work for someone else), My company (a start-up Firm), College class that I teach, Civil organization ...."

I have a life beyond the net as well. I have a wife, a child and family and work as well. That is the real world i live in.

"I suggest that you repost your questions on these forums for the benefit of all. You will get more and better opinions. These forums work if the questions and answers are kept available for the benefit of all."

I don't need a lecture from you Welding Engineer about the forum. I am well acquainted with this forum. In fact i have posted 399 posts to your 16 posts.

Have a nice day.
Photoread4me

I have to agree with photoread4me

When someone ask for someone's help, you cannot public announce that you cannot help him, and tell him to get the other answers from the public, telling that you have your own life.

It is not nice to do this ... welding engineer asked for help from us, when he got the answers, then he says that you cannot help and went off. I am not trying to be a drama Queen, but I feel that photoread4me want to approach someone who is very experienced and share with each other with information that help each other. Instead he was told to get off.

I understood how other people feel, trying to find answers for a long time, being patience waiting for someone to help. It is not a nice feeling.

Photoread4me, I am sorry that you feel this way.

1. You emailed your questions to me Wednesday evening. I read it Thursday afternoon. I did not have time to answer if then nor on Friday.

2. You emailed me three (3) times on Saturday and Sunday. Due to other obligations I did not read them until Monday Morning.

When asking for free advice, you must be patience. I do, however, admire your perseverance. Something that is a high priority for you may not be for someone else.

A quotations on patience by John Quincy Adams is very apropos to Photoreading:

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Whoa, people.... chill.

We are getting a little reactionary here.

Remember in written form the message often lacks the true emotion of the writer. How we perceive the message may not be how it was intended to come across.

Another thing to remember is we all have experiences in our lives that must take priority at certain times. Be the personal crisis. Work overwhelm or celebrations and anniversaries both good and sad.

That means, while most of the time we are readily available to chat about PhotoReading there are times when we simply cannot even consider thinking about PhotoReading we are busy. We don't even know if or when we can get our head around the question let alone the answer during some of our life adventures. So don't take it personally if you don't get a reply to a private email.

Alex

To chill-- I like the term. Actually, in my opinion, to "chill" is a very important component to PR.

I am just catching up on these posts myself today, as photoreading has helped me have a very active life and MUCH MUCH more responsibility at work. It is amazing how much I can handle on my plate today, that would have overwhelmed me a year ago!
Learning to relax and let the OTC mind handle things seems to be the key.

I thank Photoread4me for posting a great message last year about letting go of stress, exercising, and eating healthy that I will never forget and a reminder that we must take care of ourselves.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved