Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi. I'd like to join a photoreading seminar but my parents are skeptic and don't want me to spend all this money for something which could be useless (this is their opinion).
I found a course of speed reading which costs less than the photoreading seminar and maybe they're going to agree to this course as it costs less.
what i wanted to ask is:
will joining and learning this speed reading techniques be an obstacle to learn photoreading?

[This message has been edited by Riportone (edited April 29, 2006).]

You may want to read my previous post regarding my experience at a recent seminar.

Additionally, some of the photoreading steps (i.e. preview) are taught in some speed reading courses, but none of them involve the photoreading step which is crucial.

I can't tell you what to do, but the neat thing is that after the course, you can at least ask for a refund and get 85% of your money back to you. It's in the agreement form when you register. So there really isn't much to lose.

A few days ago I thought to myself, "Ok, I'll either learn to do the photoreading steps properly, or I'll get 85% of my money back". Additionally, as an EFL teacher, the trainer's teaching methods gave me tons of ideas on how to teach a class better. Fortunately for me, I picked up all sorts of insights on how to be a better teacher, while at the same time, I know for sure that I learned to photoread, even though I'm new at it and have to keep practicing consistently to be good at it.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading cannot be compared to speed reading. Speed reading requires that you train your short term memory. If your comprehension skills are not that great then speed reading will take a while to learn. And it's one of those activities where you do need to practice a lot.

It won't hurt your PhotoReading skills however it will give you unnecessary rules that you will want to break if you want to learn PhotoReading quickly and easily.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved