Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

I've been photoreading a ton of books lately, and I notice I have a tendency to think about all sorts of different things as I do the photoreading step.

I'm aware of how to do all the techniques (i.e. seeing the 'blip', x-technique, and noticing all four corners) but once a thought enters my mind, I wonder: Does this information go into my subconscious despite these 'intruding' thoughts? As they arise, I simply thank them and let them go, but as soon as I do that, another thought comes in, so I thank that one and let that go.

Thanking those thoughts work since I'm acknowledging the positive intentions of those thoughts and allowing them to dissipate, but I find myself doing that frequently throughout the photoreading step.

With this in mind, I wonder: Does this mean I haven't properly photoread? Or does this suggest that we don't necessarily have to be in the ideal state to photoread?

Since the human eye supposedly takes in 10 million bits of information in a moment, wouldn't this suggest that getting into the ideal state doesn't matter since everything written on the page is going in anyway?

I'd really like some thoughts on this from active photoreaders.

-Jason

Learning Strategies Admin

Letting the mind wander if you're aiming for developing activation skills won't do it.

The thought "Does this information go into my subconscious despite these 'intruding' thoughts?" is one of those blockers. (protection mechanisms) That you wind up having to work through when it comes to activation.

I don't even bother thanking those thoughts I just let them go and move back to the chant. If you want to stop the mind from wandering and wondering. Turn your chant into purpose question. I want to know if the author has anything useful for me.

Alex

JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

So basically, I should just continue practicing the entire process (?)

With regards to making the chant into a purpose question, what would you do if a thought were to emerge during the 'purpose question' chant?

I have a real tendency to self-reflect, or go off into tangents. Would you recommend any other advice?

Yes, listen to your thought. Sometimes you're giving yourself the answers to your PhotoReading questions.

Is you rmind wandering about answers to your questions? That's basically a chant. Or wondering about that left over pizza and the date you had the night before?

Alex

JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

LOL! Pizza =)

quote:
Originally posted by JasonC:
So basically, I should just continue practicing the entire process (?)

With regards to making the chant into a purpose question, what would you do if a thought were to emerge during the 'purpose question' chant?

I have a real tendency to self-reflect, or go off into tangents. Would you recommend any other advice?

One moment please. Excuse me, maybe what you wrote is clear but I don't understand. I went to a Photoreading course. The teacher, Philip Holt, said us that if you have some thoughts (which have nothing to do with the PR argument) during PR it's ok (yeees, ok, if you have these thoughts you have to re-concentrate, I do it automatically, but this is not a drama for me). Now, if I'm understanding quite well, you are telling that no other thoughts can be in the mind, except what satisfy your purpose.
So, am I working with pr in the wrong way?
Thak you

If you're thinking of other things you're telling your mind ok this is not important. Sure it goes in but getting it out will take longer. The main thing to do is come back to the chant to keep the conscious mind from becoming overactive. If it does an IVBA will show that you are generating too much alpha waves suppressing the connection. It will give you the feeling like "everything you know about the book you got from the preview". You miss out on the I know this feeling.

Keep the mind busy with the chant rather than letting it wander off if you want to strengthen the body mind connection faster.

Alex

JasonC Offline OP
OP Offline

Rodario,

I just wanted to ask: Did you also learn NLP from Philip Holt?

Just wondering..

Ok ok, I think I've understood. If I ask to me continuously questions about the material I'm photoreading I'm mantaining my mind active, so my mind will work faster for obtaining the questions to my answers faster.
Is it right?
Thanks, bye

Usually it's just one question repeated over and over like the chant. One question is enough to get the mind to pay attention. You might even find the answer before you've finished PhotoReading the whole book.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved