Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

agg, I hate those weak, feminine handshakes. Feels like holding a fish.

"no.... no no no, relax Tim, inner smile, try again"

you mis-read. A tai chi/qigong hand-shake would be like 'push-hands' if you've ever heard of that. Like yin-yang/give and take. You don't know if you are pushing or pulling, weak or strong. In a strong handshake, both grapple. In a weak hand shake, the strong shakes the weak. This is much more subtle.

Actually, I asked my tai chi instructor about this a couple hours ago and she said there was indeed such a handshake. It is known as the 'Apostolic Handshake'-- it supposedly originated with the 12 apostles... it's very secret and exclusive so *hush* and is a way to find out how enlightenend a person is. It is how a tai chi master would shake... or Jesus... or boddichitta, not a fish

It's all the same to me...damn tree-hugging hippies....

It's all the same to me...

Then you haven't experimented enough. Try doing the 'Awakened Mind' meditation on the bwgen. See how you feel immediately after rising. Life FEELS different. Report back. Describe how it feels just to walk around. Describe what it's like to open a door or to reach for a light switch or to speak. Most importantly, describe your breathing. Is it you breathing? Or is the Universe breathing you? Then you may begin to discern what I'm talking about.

Any perticualar length of time that I should listen for it to take affect? 10mins, 15, one hour, two hours, what?

though the preset is 20 minutes long, it will continue after that time is up. 20 min minimum, longer if you are having trouble slowing down...but don't keep track of time.

Have you ever used binaural beat technology before? It's quite amazing. The first time I used this preset, I literally felt thoughts being RIPPED out my skull. I was trying to think normally with an inner voice and the voice had the sound of a mentally handicapped person or... like a warped, stretched audio tape. It wouldn't let me think. Whenever I created a vocal thought, it would tear it to shreds. And when I arose after 30 or so minutes, I felt and saw as a Zen Master would feel and see... Anna Wise's Awakened Mind profile...the real deal. It was quite trippy actually, though short lasting.

I'm taking the plunge....I'll see you on the other side.

How do you find spring water in the middle of a city? Does bottled water work?

Thanks,
Lomas

Nope, nothing special there Brian. I was looking for something to happen, though I had no real expectations about what might happen. The only things I noticed was that time went by faster than I thought, and that I was slightly disoriented afterwards. Nothing life-changing. And damnit, but I would like something life-changing one of these days! I would really appreciate an epiphany any time now...no? Arg. Well, I did 30mins at around 1am, if it makes any difference. I'm taking the ACT tomorrow, so I'll listen to some stuff tonight and see how it goes.

Regretfully still unenlightened, Tim.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved