Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Can anyone give me an example of how they have used the ideal mindset for a body building goal. I really don't know what I want as my overall development goal. More sex appeal, but its hard to state what that means, and how to use each session toward that.

I think Paul says on the get around to it tape that the journes to your goal is much more important than the goal itself, because -to take up your example- you can always have more sex appeal!
What I did, after I hadn't run for a few months due to lazyness, I just listened to the paraliminals with the intent of getting around to running every day. guess what - it worked!
Maybe you could state a goal of being able to get more repetitions out of yourself, or lifting heavier weights, or just sticking your training schedule - even when you don't really want to train or when it gets boring.
I'd say experiment ... I mean ideal mindset can be done in a day three paraliminals in the morning and three in the afternoon .. ezy!

namrekca7,

You will need to get specific. For example, here is my specific goal for body building:

"I desire to gain between 10 to 15lbs of muscle and lose 8% bodyfat in 8 weeks."

What's the point of gaining muscle if they can't be seen? From there, drill down to the specifics per the instructions on the tape. What you want accomplished in concrete terms must be answered first. (Sorry, it has been awhile since I have been through the course.) Then will include the benefits you desire, such as sex appeal. You may also want to give your body another incentive such as feeling good in body and mind. Weight training is actually a nerve tonic.

I would suggest 2 additional pieces of information that would compliment Ideal Mindset for your specific goal: the Body for Life book by Bill Phillips. He gets really into documenting your goals properly and defining how to get there. Also, here is a link to an excellent article on vision and belief for weight training. It is entitled "Mind Power Doctring of an Iron Warrior": http://www.dragondoor.com/dennis_weis.html You will see that weightlifting starts in your mind and will determine what kind of workout you have.

BTW, if you are not used to working out, you will be tested in your will power. You will have plenty of soreness and nothing to show for it for a few weeks. Focus on the journey and you will reach your destination.

Enjoy the ride,

BReeves

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved